Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: HFC's and Full Exhaust OR HFC's and LT's?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HFC's and Full Exhaust OR HFC's and LT's?

Ok I have read through many threads but I did not find an answer. If there is an appropriate thread already out there then let me know.

I have a 2009 G8 GT, TVS 1900 (8 lb pulley), 850 cc injectors, boost a pump, and a rotofab cai. I have enough to do either Kooks LT headers with high-flow cats OR high flow cats with full cat-back exhaust (no headers at all just factory manifolds.

On one thread I read that it was only a 5-6 hp difference on a naturally aspirated car. Obviously mine is supercharged so the results will be different.

Has anyone actually done either setup or know what the actual difference would be? I may have also posted this at the "other" board (don't hate please).

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that HFC and a full exhaust are going to do more for you than headers and cats IMHO. The factory cats are the big restriction. I like the factory manifolds because they flow Ok and keep the car way quieter than with headers. If that doesn't matter and you will do the exhaust later then I would go with headers and HFC's for now. My GT with a Harrop @ 7 psi , ZR inj's and a mild Pat G. cam with HFC's and a Solo Mach balanced with resonators put down 475/475 on a Mustang Dyno with the factory manifolds. Hope that helps!
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a few months and save up a little more to do the whole thing.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq