Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something different (wheel re-build)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something different (wheel re-build)

So a buddy of mine had a set of pre Lexani buyout Kinesis K18s, 8" and 9.5", on his M3 and was changing some stuff up so he offered them to me. I liked them well enough and the price was right so I decided to go for it.

Here they are on his car.

Test fitting on mine to make sure offsets were good and everything cleared

Started stripping the gold paint. Doing it manually sucked so I had them sent out for media blasting.

Also had the hardware nickel plated.

Faces back from blasting.

The lips have 8mm valve stems so there was no way to use a TPMS valve stem there so I got creative and added a second "hidden" valve that I'll use to attach the sensor.

Another buddy of mine does paint and powder so we did the lips and barrels gloss black and the faces a satin black that has a crazy amount of depth to it when it's in the sun.

Sealing them up.

TPMS adapters I came up with and made.

All finished, the second picture shows a bit of the depth I mentioned earlier.

Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!!!
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Those look great, can't wait to see them mounted. What's the offset?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, that's a huge improvement in appearance. They look like a totally different wheel.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

A tip of the hat my man..very nice.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty tough to take decent pictures of black wheels on a white car, but here they are anyways. 245/45 and 275/40 INVOs if anyone is interested.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Post Thanks / Like

That is a million times better than the circa 1994 gold - you did an amazeballs job.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting project, way to go!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. You need to have lots of focused light to get good photos of black wheels.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Those look awesome!
    2007 White Chevy Trailblazer 3SS, 4" FWI, Bolt on Speed air box, ported intake mainfold, Ls1efans,Trans cooler,Yank SSTB 3600,FLT level 5 Trans, Kooks 1 7/8 catted Y,Corsa sport, lt1z tuned with HPtuners.
    2012 White Chevy Cruze LTZ RS Vermont tuned with HPtuners.(DD)