Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ctsv 6pot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    The V dual cast piece is nice but the ZL1 2-piece is better
    if that was 100% ture , then wouldnt the 2 piece be lighter than the dual cast ?

last i read the dual cast were 1lb lighter , which does mean something

Post Thanks / Like

The dual cast are not directional and the 2-piece are. Which means they will cool better.

I was told by Mark Stielow (GM engineer) that they have used the 2-piece rotor on a CTSv-R race car and used one set of rotors for a whole 24hr race. They used I think he said 6-8 sets of pads and the rotor didn't warp at all, but it was done after the race. He told me he had it on his desk as a show piece since it turned all kinds of blue

I would trust what he has to say.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I'd actually looked for slotted/drilled rotors for my car when I switched to the 6-pots as well. Besides being unnecessary, there just aren't many options out there. RacingBrakes makes a set, but their pad compatibility is kinda finnicky. And then there's the Alcon set that must be made of platinum for what they charge.

I've been plenty happy with my old gen1 co-cast rotors for both general and track use. So yeah, regular GM rotors - whether two-piece or one-piece - will do just fine.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    The dual cast are not directional and the 2-piece are. Which means they will cool better.

I was told by Mark Stielow (GM engineer) that they have used the 2-piece rotor on a CTSv-R race car and used one set of rotors for a whole 24hr race. They used I think he said 6-8 sets of pads and the rotor didn't warp at all, but it was done after the race. He told me he had it on his desk as a show piece since it turned all kinds of blue

I would trust what he has to say.
    mark , mark who ? LOL would be cool to see a picture of those blued rotors !

crazy question , since you mention the rotors being directional , why when i search and look around do i only find one part # for the 2 piece rotors ?