Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Tune required for Rick Crawford Manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tune required for Rick Crawford Manifold?

I'm about to get my manifold back from receiving Rick's magic. I just got my car dyno tuned by Livernois and had DoD delete/cam install. Question is, will I need to get my tune updated for Rick's manifold or will it be ok to put on and drive. I know I won't get 100% of the manifolds potential, but all I'm worried about is whether my AF ratio will be thrown off significantly or not.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get a tune if I were you.
    Not tuned I think you should be ok.
    Rick would know best
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

Post Thanks / Like

You will be ok without a retune but to take full advantage of it a retune would probably help a little.

OBX Headers to Hooker Maxflows, Spectre CAI, 4" MAF, Rick C Intake, Pat G Tune.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran my VMS tuned car with Ricks intake and TB after the tune was done. Long after actually. It ran GREAT and there was a VERY noticeable increase in power and off idle response, but if you have DOD active, you'll get a slight surge when it goes from 4 cylinder mode to 8 cylinder mode with the cruise on. It's VERY slight, but noticeable. I believe it's due to the TB porting.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!