Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: quote on exhaust sounds like too much

Post Thanks / Like

Default quote on exhaust sounds like too much

Alright well I went to the local shop and got a quote on getting a midmuffler/resonater x-pipe installed and a muffler delete pipe put in. Pretty much straight pipe with ax pipe. The quote was for 320$ that sounds a little to much for me what do you think? Should I just go buy one myself and go to the local diy shop and have my welder buddy come weld it on?

Anybody work with the Jones xpipe mufflers? Are they true xpipes? And what build quality?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sound to bad.
    My rate is $80/ hr welding/ fab plus material
    My mid muffler was $120
    Last edited by BuildItYourSelf; 04-07-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you supplying the parts or just for install with some custom work? I bought a Solo 3" mid pipe, already had SLP LOUDMOUTH axle backs and Pypes Headers, and it ran me $150 to install with some fab work to connect to the axlebacks. The Solo mid pipe was reasonably priced.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

no he was supplying everything, he almost refused to talk about installing j pipes without mufflers.

im almost thinking about changing my mind on the custom hack job and just pissing the wife off and going with either a solo axleback with obx or just a solo catback with doug thorleys or pacesetters.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah better to do it right the first time and know you'll be happy with it. Can't go wrong with Solo

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i was thinking because i know if i do a hackjob x pipe/straight pipe that ill eventually buy a catback anyway when i get headers. so might as well just piss the wife off and get something i know i will keep....sooooo next do i go solo catback or just axleback

Post Thanks / Like

$320 including parts is a pretty good deal. I was quoted $500 to install the parts I already had. I used a Jones x pipe muffler, build quality is great, the x is more like two y pipes, like so >--<

I posted a thread yesterday about this, take a look for it, there are pictures and a video.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had the Corsa midsection put in + bigger slip clamps + welding flanges on so it'd connect to my Solo axel backs I think it was like 160 or 180 total. Install, slip clamps and flange welding.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ