Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fluttering noise and Steering wheel vibration at highway speed

Southeast New Jersey (LBI, Toms River, Atlantic City)
    Post Thanks / Like

The tires are brand new, bought em 2 weeks ago...bout 300 miles on em...rims are shit though...but it didnt vibrate with the old tires, unknown mileage on them as I just boight the car 2.5 weeks ago. Belts do need replaced so ill try that. Im gonna go back to the place I bought the tires and see why they have so many weights on them. Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

Zodiac, eventually I plan on upgrading the entire suspension system on the car, so if that is the issue, hopefully the revamp will cure it...idk though. I did read the thread travis referred me to, seems like it can be a paon in the neck with these issues. Well worth it though. Love everything about the car!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarification: when I said "belts" I meant the belts in the tires. But WTF the tires are brand new?!! What are they?

OK, you might want to switch the front tires left to right and see if the pull changes. If it does then a belt in the tires has shifted.
    Last edited by WhatNext; 03-27-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They are entry level tires, continentals...not the greatest but being brand new I shouldn't be having this issue and I dont have the $$ right now for a higher grade tire. I'm not good with suspension or tires, so thanks for that clearing that up. I wish it were an engine issue, thats all I do is engine work. I do know that they are direcrional tires...when I did the brakes I thought the tread was all facing the right way, could be wrong though, so ill have to dbl check that...cuz ive been told that could makr it pull as well...

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK if they are directional, then you will have to swap tires front to back and see if the pull changes.

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked to confirm if they were directionals...here is what i found. 20140327_221745.jpg1395973196482.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ok so those pictures turned out like crap. the drivers side looks like the tread is going in the right direction (front and rear), whereas the passenger side (side its pulling to) the tread is going in the opposite direction.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I see what you mean. If they are directional, look for an arrow on the side wall. It should point in the direction of rotation to go forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Well in that case the passenger side is right and the driver side is wrong. Could that cause pull and vibration?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It might. So get that sorted out, find out why all the weights and hopefully things will be smoother.