Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Kooks Headers w/ Magnaflow catback question

Southeast New Jersey (LBI, Toms River, Atlantic City)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kooks Headers w/ Magnaflow catback question

So I'm making a list of all the mods I want to do...and have maybe a dumb question. I know the kooks headers I want, 1 7/8 X 3 and the Magnaflow cat back is a 2.5 inch system. The only connection pipe I can find is specified for Corsa systems...so the question is, does it matter? Could I use the Kooks-to-Corsa connection pipe on a Magnaflow system?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

No. The only bolt up solution for longtubes is the corsa or getting the Solo setup. You could always have the connection pipe fabricated by a local exhaust shop. Another option is always the mid lengths that will bolt up to any catback.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea what the hp/tq difference is between the long and mid lengrh pipes? And thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I first had the magnaflow catback before I bought the Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes. You can make it work, with fabrication of course. There is no bolt-on solution. The guys at Maryland Speed recommended Camaro connection pipes since they are just straight pipes after the catalytic converters, no bends in the pipes. This made it easier for mock-up and cutting the magnaflow catback and welding it to the Kooks camaro connection pipes.

As mentioned, its not a bolt-in solution.
    2008 G8 GT - MGM
    Engine: VCM OTR, 90mm LS7 MAF, HSRK, RCR TB + Intake, BP Catch Can, ZR1 plugs, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs w/ HFCs, Magnaflow Catback, HPTuners, LC1 Wideband, Aeroforce
    Drivetrain: DSS CF 1-piece DS, GForce Outlaw 1500hp axles, Camaro 3.27 + posi-mod, BMR Poly/Delrin
    Suspension: Konis+Eibachs, BMR: STB, Sway Bars, End Links, Rear Adj. LCAs, Trailing Arms, Adj.Toe Rods, Subframe Connectors, Superpro Radius Arms + Control Arms
    Appearance: Roto-fab CF Engine Covers, GXP Diffuser, Holden HSV Wheel, Maverick Man Interior Trim, Holden Center Console + 3-Gauge Pod w/ HSV Gauges, Holden Armrest, SLP Firehawk Wheels
    To Be Installed: RCR Heads/Cam + Supporting mods

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EngineDweller View Post
    Any idea what the hp/tq difference is between the long and mid lengrh pipes? And thank you!
    Most claimed 10-15 I believe. I was happy with mine. You could always talk to Tune Time performance they are right in your neck of the woods. Maybe they can give you an estimate on mocking something up unless you have a local exhaust shop you know and trust. Tune Time has done some great work with G8's.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I plan on heading up there When i get some extra money. Trying to plan everything out to an extent ya know? I've heard they are really good at Tune Time. Been out of cars for awhile.