Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: moonroof issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default moonroof issue

well started driving g8 again, winter over... last time moon roof was used worked fine in late fall... now it opens about half a inch and stops and will close, also when I try to flip up it does the same about half inch and stops any ideas, possibly a flat spot on motor or something binding?????

Post Thanks / Like

It probably does not like the cold.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah right.....

Post Thanks / Like

Anti-pinch "feature"? Maybe the sensor or tech which stops dumb people from getting their fingers pinched is acting up on you? I had an issue with my sunroof where it was sitting in 90 degree sun all day, when I jumped in and took it on the highway I had real bad wind noise like there was a leak. Maybe extreme temperatures mess with some of these?
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine works fine. I'm from ND with -45*F this last winter. I did move it a few times this winter just for sh*ts and giggles. I would guess one of the many pieces are getting bound up utilizing the 'finger saver' feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team G8

Modifications...
    Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
    Cortex Tune
    V8 6.0 Litre Badge
    Color Matched Headlights
    BE by Breyton Wheels (19x8.5 +45 Front, 19x9.5 +45 Rear)
    Continental ExtremeContact DWS (245/40/19 Front, 275/35/19 Rear)

Coming Soon...
    DOD Delete
    Heads
    Headers
    Cat-Back Exhaust...bought, just needs installing

Post Thanks / Like

where's that sensor located? and would I need to remove headliner etc .....

Post Thanks / Like

any removal instructions for moonroof, headliner would be appreciated....... other project is almost completed so back to g8 now....

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    The module is under the switch for the roof.
    There isn't a switch per say. It is more of a load sensing circuit in the system I think.

This is from the service manual.
    Limit Switch
    When closing the sunroof window from any vent position, the sunroof window drops slightly below the flush close position and returns, swiping the seal and coming to rest in the flush close position. When closing the sunroof window from any of the 6 sliding open positions, the sunroof module considers the position of the sunroof window and stops the sunroof window in the flush close position.

Anti-Pinch Guard
    If the sunroof encounters an obstruction when closing from a sliding position, it immediately returns to the fully open position. If the sunroof encounters an obstruction when closing from the vent position, it immediately returns to the fully open vent position. The sunroof will not operate again until the sunroof switch is pressed inwards or a different position is selected.
    I think you have an early 2009 but I don't remember. Either way this is good info

Vehicle Build with VIN Number Lower than L300013
    Express Open
    To express open the sunroof select any of the 6 express sliding open positions by rotating the sunroof switch clockwise. The sunroof switch will send a sunroof position request signal through the switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the specified requested position. The sunshade will slide open along with the window.

Express Fully Close
    To express close the sunroof rotate the sunroof switch to the flush close position. The sunroof switch will send a sunroof position request signal through the sunroof switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the close position. The sunroof control module will continue to control the sunroof motor until the sunroof window reaches the flush close position. The sunshade panel will have to be manually slid closed.

Express Vent Open
    To express open the sunroof to a vent position rotate the sunroof switch counterclockwise to any of the three vent selections. The sunroof switch will send a coded input through the sunroof switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the specified requested position. The sunshade panel will have to be manually slid open.

Emergency Stop
    When the sunroof is performing an automatic open or automatic close operation, the automatic sliding action of the sunroof can be interrupted by pressing the sunroof switch upward. When the sunroof switch is pressed again, the sunroof will resume and complete the previous requested action.

Anti-Pinch Guard
    If the sunroof encounters an obstruction when closing from a sliding position, it immediately returns to the fully open position. If the sunroof encounters an obstruction when closing from the vent position, it immediately returns to the fully open vent position. The sunroof will not operate again until the sunroof switch is pressed inwards or a different position is selected.

Vehicle Build with VIN Number L300013 or Higher
    Open
    To open the sunroof select any of the 6 sliding open positions by rotating the sunroof switch clockwise. Press and hold the knob inwards until the sunroof window stops moving. The sunroof switch sends a sunroof position request signal through the switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the specified requested position. The sunshade will slide open along with the window.

Close
    To close the sunroof rotate the sunroof switch to the flush close position. Press and hold the knob inwards until the sunroof window stops moving. The sunroof switch will send a sunroof position request signal through the sunroof switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the close position. The sunroof control module will continue to control the sunroof motor until the sunroof window reaches the flush close position. The sunshade panel will have to be manually slid closed.

Vent Open
    To open the sunroof to a vent position rotate the sunroof switch counterclockwise to any of the three vent selections. Press and hold the knob inwards until the sunroof window stops moving. The sunroof switch will send a coded input through the sunroof switch output signals to the sunroof control module. The sunroof control module will interpret the inputs and command the motor to slide the window to the specified requested position. The sunshade panel will have to be manually slid open.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq