Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: hard brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default hard brake lines

I just replaced my rubber lines with steel braided lines and all went good until the last one where the end nut on my hard line rounded even with a line wrench! I made the decision to put a new flair nut on the end and 3/16 doesn't fit. does anyone know if the hard line is metric or something? Am I missing something?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem when I went to install the braided hoses. The very first one rounded off under my line wrench pretty easy. IIRC, I was using a 10 mm wrench, but I'm not positive.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

This car is all metric. Except the wheel diameter. The key to removing the lines is to give the wrench a good hit. Trying to slowly turning the wrench to break the seal is how they get rounded off.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.