Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PO449- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Control Circut

Post Thanks / Like

Np...for future reference I tried tightening my gas gap. I bought a new Stant gas cap. I installed the purge valve under the hood. None of these worked. The purge valve Selenoid by fuel tank is on order. Due in a few days. I will post part numbers later for all parts I used thus so....it did get rid of one of my codes, the po445, the po449 is still on and irritating me. Also just got a tire sensor code too, when it rains it pours!
    Last edited by AVIDMOTION; 08-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got code off. It was the purge valve canister solenoid under rear of car near or on the gas tank. My mechanic did the replacement and wrote up a quick how to replace. I will post after he gives it to me for posting.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Code 449... i recently had this code pop up. After reading all the good info on this site..i tackled the problem my self. I removed the pass rear tire.. found that i had to loosen the 2 cradle bolts enough to get both hands in there to get clamp off hose.. other than that not to bad of a job. Cleared light..it was off for 4 days.. check engine light came back on! So back in i go... test light in hand..no power to plug in.. so upon further checking i found at the connector right by the gas tank a rock must of flew up and hit the orange wire..it had rotted into..had signs of the green death. I cut out the bad spot and spliced it..cleared the code..all good!

4. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
    Code 449... i recently had this code pop up. After reading all the good info on this site..i tackled the problem my self. I removed the pass rear tire.. found that i had to loosen the 2 cradle bolts enough to get both hands in there to get clamp off hose.. other than that not to bad of a job. Cleared light..it was off for 4 days.. check engine light came back on! So back in i go... test light in hand..no power to plug in.. so upon further checking i found at the connector right by the gas tank a rock must of flew up and hit the orange wire..it had rotted into..had signs of the green death. I cut out the bad spot and spliced it..cleared the code..all good!

2fast, that's great info, nice addition!! Thanks!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader