Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Holden VE spoiler/ Euro Spoiler Install instructions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holden VE spoiler/ Euro Spoiler Install instructions

Figured i would help a few people out. Some are the edge of buying this spoiler and not sure how the installation is. This is what i put together so hope it helps.

Since 5 holes have to filled on the trunk lid itself i purchased another trunk lid for this reason. I stripped it down and removed the stock g8 spoiler "which was a pain in the a$$".

You can get the spoiler here.
    http://www.pfyc.com/pc/G81029/G8EXT/...8+Spoiler.html

Parts from PFYC

After spoiler is removed you will find these holes that will need to be filled in.

2 new holes will need to be drilled 1 on each side. I used a 5/16" drill bit and drilled out the existing hole to help with bolt alignment.

On the bottom side of the trunk lid you will see a hole that was filled originally.

New bolts in with spoiler

Test fit and tighten down.

Now disassemble and get it painted and go show it off!

Mine is getting painted here in the next couple weeks.

Hope this helps guys out on installation.

thanks
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic7818_3.gif

2. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is from a while ago but can you give me any more information on the installation hardware? Size of the mounting screws/bolts? The seal is a foam material? Do you need the templates for the new holes or is it you can see the filled hole on the underside of the decklid and just drill that out? Any info you could provide would be helpful, I got a rather great deal on a used one of these but it didn't come with mounting hardware and PFYC doesn't have them to provide and I can't find a Holden dealer willing to ship the stuff here so I need to try sourcing my own stuff. Thanks for any help you could provide.
    Martin C Ingenbrandt IV

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I actually contacted the maker of the spoiler (in Texas) and they sent me a new install kit free of charge. Great company.
    Martin C Ingenbrandt IV

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping to revive an old thread... glanzergtx, when you say on one of your pic captions, "On the bottom side of the trunk lid you will see a hole that was filled originally", is that where you need to drill the second hole on each side?
    2009 SRM GT: Cortex tuned, Spectre Intake, VMAX ported TB, Solo HFC's, X-pipe, Solo axle-back, a few bling pieces under the hood, Billet Custom catch can, Holden radiator cover, "SV6" wing spoiler, GXP diffuser, rear window roof spoiler, "PONTIAC" 3rd brake light insert, Holden V8/6.0 Liter badges, Holden chrome trunk strip, VG shark fin, All-Fit Auto lower front lip, drilled & slotted rotors, painted calipers, Ultra-guage, custom-made "dead pedal".