Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chevy SS & Pontiac G8 Black Trim around the side windows

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 Chevy SS & Pontiac G8 Black Trim around the side windows

2014 Chevy SS & Pontiac G8 from factory have 6 "chrome" pieces surrounding the side windows.
    The most cost effective way to change these 6 pieces to BLACK is to:

A) Buy the 2 replacement black really long curved gutter trims yourself from GM in USA. You don't want to be transporting them very far because due to their length and fragile nature the shipping is expensive and transit damage is common.
    GM Part Numbers : 92294363 (left, black) 92294362 (right, black)
    EDIT, JULY 10th 2015....GM in North America have stopped stocking and selling the 2x long Black Gutter trims.

The complete boxed set of 4 straights and 2 long curved gutters all in Black are still available shipped by UPS from Australia to your door.

PLUS

B) Buy the 4 replacement black upper door straight trims from Australia.
    Total shipped by Airfreight ETA 14 day is US$180
    Paypal as normal "goods and services" to Paypal ID = pjsadler@iinet.net.au

4 x new black straight genuine GM straight upper door trims complete with clips.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 07-09-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed today.
    Black gutter trim available from GM in North America to fit the 2014 Chevy SS will also fit the Pontiac G8.
    The 4 straight black upper door trim strips to suit 2014 Chevy SS also fit G8, but are priced way higher in USA than in AU.

See the Yellow Arrows.
    These are the 2 new long black curved gutter pieces you buy yourself from GM in North America.
    GM Part Numbers :
    92294363 (left, black) 92294362 (right, black)
    EDIT, JULY 10th 2015....GM in North America have stopped stocking and selling the 2x long Black Gutter trims.

The complete boxed set of 4 straights and 2 long curved gutters all in Black are still available shipped by UPS from Australia to your door.

See the White Arrows.
    GM North America only stock the 2x straight REAR door pieces in black and for the price they want for 2 pieces you can pay only $16 more and get all 4 black straight pieces including shipping from Crazy Paul.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 07-09-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Paul, I think that looks so much better. I really wish I could afford this and the non chrome door handles as well.
    2009 W/H G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Got prices for the black gutter trim from my local GM dealer yesterday..$125.00 each. CP has them cheaper but..the cost to pack and ship them is another story. He said get them from your nearby dealer. I have my trim in primer and going to coat today (2nd time)..will see how it comes out. If I no like I will be ordering a new pair. Parts dude at Todd Wenzel said 2/3 days special order (of course).
    Last edited by donkeyGT; 05-20-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: added dealer name
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.....$125 each is not a bad price for those, considering you eliminate the shipping.
    2009 W/H G8 GT

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

you can buy them online with free shipping for $92

http://catalog.gmpartsdirect.co/oemp...294363%20.html

http://catalog.gmpartsdirect.co/oemp...294362%20.html

Coupon Code = FREESHIP at the end I ordered from them before they are good
    Last edited by roman1978; 05-20-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If they arrive unmangled, get some powerball tickets asap
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    CP,
    Any clue if these new gutter trim bits are manufactured by GM? Just wondering if these are higher quality than the ones I got since initially Holden made these but eventually outsourced them to China (which was what I bought). No issues with my gutter trim other than some cosmetic mis-alignments.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executor999 View Post
    CP,
    Any clue if these new gutter trim bits are manufactured by GM? Just wondering if these are higher quality than the ones I got since initially Holden made these but eventually outsourced them to China (which was what I bought). No issues with my gutter trim other than some cosmetic mis-alignments.
    I forgot to look on the labels where they were made. All the Part Numbers would have changed 2 or 3 times since you bought yours and it's hard to know which subcontractor makes anything these days. Yes the first Chinese made lot a few years back were on the sub-standard side and they hadn't perfected the pouring or molding of the rubber onto the stainless steel. The few I've seen recently definately look tidier on the inside.
    Crazy Paul