Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SS/G8 Article from way back in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Funny Travis because I also looked at an SS yesterday at a local dealer... It is PBM. Out the door was just under 48k.
    Im growing to like them more then I did before but I still love my GXP fascia better ..dislike that huge bow tie .. Travis is right .. IMO I feel the chrome looks a little cheap on the dash. Too much bling.
    If the price was low 40s out the door I would consider but cannot bring myself to spend almost 50k on it when my G8 is almost paid for with only 21k on it.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw one for the first time at the dealer on Friday. They only had a black one. There is no way in hell I would trade in either of my G8s for it. It was too much like it except a more ugly exterior and a bunch of tech inside that while would be nice I don't need or care too much about. Part of the problem is that is was sitting directly next to a brand new better. Those I didn't like from the pictures, but in person damn that's a nice car. Even in white it looked amazing. Both the wife and I agreed that the better at 58k was better buy than the SS at 48k.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw an SS at Sema and it's a great looking car, especially on the inside. But for almost $50k OTD I've going to spend the extra coin for a CTS-V. The G8 was a great car for the $36k or so MSRP it was before the Pontiac dealers started giving them away around $30k.
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Post Thanks / Like

There are structural differences as well. Not just the electronics. I find the SS more comfortable than the CTS. Only other cars I can compare it to are a lot more expensive. It would be nice if it stood out more, but that's not likely to happen. I won't trade my GXP, but that doesn't mean I won't buy an SS.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...hats-different
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

The car gets a bad rep because 1) it is GM during its bankruptcy times 2) it's Pontiac that got killed off

If the car came with a bmw badge everyone would be loving it

Post Thanks / Like

It's 2016 been to several Chevrolet places ie dealership asked if they have an ss to look at they took me straight to a camaro i said not that an ss and they had no idea what i was talking about like i was stupid . How do you sell a car your dealership does not have but for 50k would not touch it. What i have seen i dont like does resemble a Malibu ,its got no personality of it's own like a very distinctive g8. G8's stand out very loud in a croud on it's own for a whole lot less out of pocket like 20k less could almost buy 2 g8 for that and have 4 times the car a ss will ever be srry guy's pontiac g8 is and always will be an ICON!! Love my gt and will always have it to pass on to grand kids can't say that bout the ss haha

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seprish101 View Post
    It's 2016 been to several Chevrolet places ie dealership asked if they have an ss to look at they took me straight to a camaro i said not that an ss and they had no idea what i was talking about like i was stupid . How do you sell a car your dealership does not have but for 50k would not touch it. What i have seen i dont like does resemble a Malibu ,its got no personality of it's own like a very distinctive g8. G8's stand out very loud in a croud on it's own for a whole lot less out of pocket like 20k less could almost buy 2 g8 for that and have 4 times the car a ss will ever be srry guy's pontiac g8 is and always will be an ICON!! Love my gt and will always have it to pass on to grand kids can't say that bout the ss haha

This is where I did agree. A g8 looks like a g6 to most. And people think it's a v6 nothing special car. The ss sticks out. Not as close to the Malibu as the g8 to g6.
    Ever since I did the holden swap I get more people asking wtf is that? I want to take the badges off so people stop asking.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Not many people know the story of the g8/ss or where it came from just what's in front of them and thats thousands of more units around them like the g6. The front grill design is the only thing that looks the same? Don't think any camaro, challenger,or ss guys pulled up beside a g6 to race like I've heard ss guy's do with malibu's and that's is truly funny. But keep your's different that's what makes it unique, i debadged mine for that reason just keep them talking and they won't forget and remember pontiac g8's are great like America and only in America

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

its funny how lots of g8 guys are bashing SS. I am a former owner of 2 g8 loved both of them but when it was time for something new the only car that was left in my books too look at was SS. Week after I sold my second g8 I purchased a left over SS for $36k. After having it for a year I don't regret a bit its an amazing car and after blacking out all the chrome its very close to what g8 Looks like

Post Thanks / Like

Owner of a G8 since brand new. Brought it home on 7/4/2009 .. I have to say I love my G8 .. I cannot and will not bash the SS. Im actually considering one on their last year now.

Couple things I do not like about the SS ..the ugly ass Gold bow tie..fkg hate that obnoxious oversized thing. Im not a huge fan of the ass end of the SS.. Not a fan of the tapered off look and those tail lights. I like the wide stance my G8 has from the rear. But thats about it.. I refuse to bash it because if Government Motors didnt do away with Pontiac ..That would still be the G8.

The SS has a better motor, Better interior, better suspension, Brakes & technology. Too many haters man. What you rather be a douche bag and own a BMW? FK that.. I hate BMWs and I hate most of their owners.. nothing but douche nozzles!
    Last edited by MongosG8; 06-06-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"