Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: G8 GT front driver side seat trim

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xycfer View Post
    Dum question time....Ok so which website is the right one to get the new and improved reinforced version that I see up there in the pictures mentioned?
    It shouldn't matter where you buy it from.
    92207874 Left Front Seat. Side Panel.
    Send a message to Greg at Pace Performance and ask him nicely if he'll check the item by eyeball once you order it, and before he ships it out.
    Gregwas@paceperformance.com
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I weigh 200 lbs,have not have had your problem,however driver side seat wrinkled,replaced by dealer,same old shit,is that really leather?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewski View Post
    is that really leather?
    Just the middle sections of the seat are leather .. the sides are pleather or Kangaroo skin ..lol
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Driver side plastic crap - what is it called what is the number to order?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm0131 View Post
    I have broken 5 or 6, got the call yesterday that my latest is in. The problem is they are trying to support the side bolster on those little plastic pegs. I will be interested to see what version is coming off and going on mine. I shall take a look now that I have been again well educated by our wonderful CP.
    Thanx!
    I am on 4 or 5 myself. Where do we order new?

Post Thanks / Like

Greg at PacePerformance can order you a kit to fix this issue for 25 bucks..better than spending the 100 bucks for the side piece.

I purchased the kit and modified it with some longer screws and changed where I put the screws ..worked out fine.

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Both front seats broke on mine (only 40K miles). I am usually not a "rig it" kind of guy but here is what i did on both and I have never had another issue.

Drill a hole through the thick plastic tab that breaks and put a heavy zip-tie through the hole. Then route the tie through the hole on the seat frame. Make sure you use a long Zip-tie so you can pull it from the side or under seat once routed and connected. This allows you to put the zip-tie tight enough so the trim in next to the seat.

What you get is some flex (because the trim is not solid against the seat frame) but it is close enough as to not look broken. Hope that makes sense. Seems better than replacing them over and over.

So far, zero issues with this method and they have been repaired this way well over a year.

Piece to drill through (one side to the other):

G8seatside3_zpse319398c.jpg

7. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 for the zip-tie method
    09 White Hot G8 GT
    Tuned by Rick Crawford
    Kooks, Circle-D, Vararam, HSRK, BP catch can, RP oil
    DBA 4000, Hawk Ceramic, Russel Stanless, Ate Super Blue,
    FE3, Whiteline, BMR, UMI, Spohn

Homelink, Adams Premium, Infinity Reference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Satch0922 View Post
    Both front seats broke on mine (only 40K miles). I am usually not a "rig it" kind of guy but here is what i did on both and I have never had another issue.

Drill a hole through the thick plastic tab that breaks and put a heavy zip-tie through the hole. Then route the tie through the hole on the seat frame. Make sure you use a long Zip-tie so you can pull it from the side or under seat once routed and connected. This allows you to put the zip-tie tight enough so the trim in next to the seat.

What you get is some flex (because the trim is not solid against the seat frame) but it is close enough as to not look broken. Hope that makes sense. Seems better than replacing them over and over.

So far, zero issues with this method and they have been repaired this way well over a year.

Piece to drill through (one side to the other):

G8seatside3_zpse319398c.jpg
    I did that maybe 2 years ago but I used 2 zip ties still going strong. Mine was the passenger seat. MY Gt is not broken yet but it hangs out a bit on the passenger seat will end up doing the same thing ,even thought I bought the plastic trim will wait till it no longer holds.
    G8 GT K & N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam 219/223 .625/.625 DOD with LS3 valves , LS7 lifters, BTR SKOO1 springs, 7.425 Comp cam pushrods & SLP UDP. AC tensioner upgrade.

V6 Spectre CAI, Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ..well mine shit the bed again with the modification kit.

I will try the zip ties but I dont think there is any more meat for me to drill through the tabs ..etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your information