Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIR August 27, 2013

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default VIR August 27, 2013

2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice runs! Glad to see you got the oil pressure issue fixed. Those vettes sure like to pass in tight places (Oak Tree? That's a fun spot!). AWD didn't help that Suby much

Thought about THSCC next month, but we are having alignment issues.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Nice runs! Glad to see you got the oil pressure issue fixed. Those vettes sure like to pass in tight places (Oak Tree? That's a fun spot!). AWD didn't help that Suby much

Thought about THSCC next month, but we are having alignment issues.
    I didn't do anything on the oil pressure; since it was the sensor, I didn't worry about it but once I was on track, it never came on again! Yeah, passing in the black group is anywhere; it gets kind of exciting! Hope you get the alignment straightened out!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That was awesome! It sounds like a turbine engine ;-)

Do you have the camera mounted to your headrest? It's very stable for a headrest mount and I'm wondering if that's the trick...I have always put mine on the passenger headrest for some reason and recently realized that when I have no passenger is shakes way too much.
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    Wow. That was awesome! It sounds like a turbine engine ;-)

Do you have the camera mounted to your headrest? It's very stable for a headrest mount and I'm wondering if that's the trick...I have always put mine on the passenger headrest for some reason and recently realized that when I have no passenger is shakes way too much.
    I used to mount it on the pass headrest but now it's on mine. It seems to do well there to me too. The shaking in the hard braking zones was due to my rotors warping after a couple sessions. Might have to look at upgrading to CTS-V brakes now!

Post Thanks / Like

With that much power pushing that beast forward you're eventually going to need something beefier to slow it down. Or drive slower...nah...nevermind.

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!!! I may look at upgrading to some wider wheels too so I can get some more rubber on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

It looked like you were able to cut pretty tight even at higher speeds. What rubber are you running now?

Tapatalking too much...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Same ones I've used for my last four (I think) events: Continental Extreme Contact DR tires which are race slicks, 275/35/18 mounted on Beyern 18x8.5 wheels. They do pretty well but the car is so heavy it's tough to turn compared to those Vettes and lighter cars. My best lap was a 2:24 which I was decently pleased with. I have a bunch to learn though on driving fast around that course for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hilliard View Post
    My best lap was a 2:24 which I was decently pleased with.
    Dang, very nice! My best was a 2:29!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke