Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammed by MIEngineer...Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scammed by MIEngineer...Dan

MIEngineer...Dan...sent money 183.00 for a G8GT SLP Cold Air Intake on the 8/12/13...sent multiple messages asking when he was going to ship the intake...couple responses on the forum talking about his truck needed to be fixed...Item has yet to ship...I was told on the other forum that he would ship the item the following week...so I gave him another week to ship. Still no package or no tracking number...nor has he responded to any of my messages. Seems like a scam to me...many people have stepped up to say he has a good reputation, so would you also step up to get me information on this guy like a phone number so I can talk to him and get my money back? Any info is appreciated...I would be great if some forum members stepped up to help out someone that is getting scammed.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 09-12-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan isn't scamming you. He is bad at time management.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 09-14-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen him sell a lot of shit as well and met him at a car meet before. Seemed legit. But I've been in a similar situation and it can be frustrating. There is probably some serious reason behind it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edsel1134 View Post
    I've seen him sell a lot of shit as well and met him at a car meet before. Seemed legit. But I've been in a similar situation and it can be frustrating. There is probably some serious reason behind it
    Agreed, this is out of character for MIengineer. He is a good man....I am sure something happened. I totally understand your frustration. Things will get resolved give it a chance...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2009 G8 GT Silver Metalic with Premium Onyx/red - Sunroof - Sport package - Vararam intake - DOD delete - Livernois 2C cam - Kooks Mids 1 7/8" - Corsa cat back - Pedders Xas - triple Gauge - Blue tooth module - VIM

Post Thanks / Like

I am not bullshitting here. I will send you 183 to cover your loss and I'll get it from Dan later. As Ray said, he's not great with time management. If it doesn't ship to you by Monday end of day, I will PayPal you 183.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

It is great that people have such a good opinion of him. I always try to remain positive about the stitch, but waiting since the 12th is a bit much without hearing from the person.

Post Thanks / Like

That all sounds great, but I have been waiting since the 12th to get a nitrous tune on the car I've now had to cancel 2 appointments with my tuner on anticipation of the intake being shipped. Thanks for the offer to refund the money but it still doesn't make the situation ok... he can be on this forum on the 21st, but can't even reply to give some information on the sitch. Kinda seems like all the moves of a scammer to me. He has time to update pics on facebook, but a damn GM engineer cant figure out a way to ship an intake to missouri after being paid for it...

EDIT: Removed reference to other issue
    Last edited by -Ray-; 08-27-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swaie View Post
    That all sounds great, but I have been waiting since the 12th to get a nitrous tune on the car I've now had to cancel 2 appointments with my tuner on anticipation of the intake being shipped. Thanks for the offer to refund the money but it still doesn't make the situation ok... he can be on this forum on the 21st, but can't even reply to give some information on the sitch. Kinda seems like all the moves of a scammer to me. He has time to update pics on facebook, but a damn GM engineer cant figure out a way to ship an intake to missouri after being paid for it...maybe he is the reason for the screwing the 04 GTO owners got once they decided to out the 6.0 in. Now those guys got really screwed.
    Not saying or implying that it makes it ok.... I just know that Dan does, from time to time, have a lot going on. He's a good guy, I'll leave it at that. I am sorry if that sounds like any sort of excuse, it's not meant to be. I'm simply trying to ease your concerns and give you a solid deadline for resolution. We'll let the mods work it out with him as far as the sale followup is concerned, and I'll follow back up with him from here out about reimbursement if we get to Monday end of day with no shipping info. I'll make it right for you and will square up the backend if that's what it comes to.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swaie View Post
    It is great that people have such a good opinion of him. I always try to remain positive about the stitch, but waiting since the 12th is a bit much without hearing from the person.
    Some of us here have had many transactions with Dan over a long period of time. I can tell you that Dan has always come thru in the end with every single transaction I've had with him. Even when Dan is the buyer there are time lapse and lack of regular communication issues. I'm sure Dan has paid me for products which have then sat idle for months while he is sorting out more important aspects of life at his end. I've also put aside items which Dan has said he wanted, and then waited for weeks/maybe months before Dan has got around to sending thru payment.
    Frustrating YES, Scammer NO.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you are a very stand up guy and this is def above and beyond what anyone has ever done for another member...I think that is admirable. ..I would still like the intake, but ive customized my own and spent 70 dollars...so idk...but thak you for helping resolve this dispute...I will