Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: after 4 wheel alignment, same major pull to the right. pleez help me gurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAC the KNIFE View Post
    how do i set my account to send me an email notification for when i receive PM's and also for when there are replies to my threads? sorry it took me 2 days to respond, but thank You both for trying to help out!
    Click "Settings" at the very top of the page. Then to the left click the "General Setting" page. On this page under "Messaging & Notification" you'll find the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" dropdown menu. Select "Instantly, using email." This will email you when ever someone posts in a thread that you've subscribed to.

A little below on the same page is the "Private Messaging" menu. Make sure the email notification option is ticked to receive.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your brakes on your passenger front wheel wernt installed properly i had the same problem where the pistons were not compressed enough and the pistons would be slightly extended out more so then the other side so it would pull to the right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erbby325 View Post
    Sounds like your brakes on your passenger front wheel wernt installed properly i had the same problem where the pistons were not compressed enough and the pistons would be slightly extended out more so then the other side so it would pull to the right
    i changed the front brakes to a 6-piston brembo setup, cts-v2. as you said, i suspected the stock gt caliper had a stuck piston, but changing brake setups did not change the steering pull. at the moment, i took it to the dealership a week ago, they performed a 4-wheel alignment, and said they had to order in an alignment pin or bolt. i haven't seen the paperwork yet, so i dont know exactly what it is. the part has arrived, i just need to get it installed.

i'll update if this fixes the problem.

2009 GT
    rotofab cai, kooks lt's, tune, 3.27 gears, bmr sways, 6/4 pot brembos, hawk hps, button paddle shifters, 275/30/20 square setup. occasionally autocrossed

PB = 12.783, 3.70 gears, fbo and tune.

Want better cabin filters at a lower price? Check my thread! 6 for $25!!!!
    http://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=38105

Post Thanks / Like

12/13/2013 edit. castor kit made it better, but did not fix. steering pull isn't as bad as before, but still a major pain. new thread here for more accurate information http://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php...763#post552763
    Last edited by MAC the KNIFE; 12-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.

2009 GT
    rotofab cai, kooks lt's, tune, 3.27 gears, bmr sways, 6/4 pot brembos, hawk hps, button paddle shifters, 275/30/20 square setup. occasionally autocrossed

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!!! i've learned SO much about these cars in 2 years!!!!!

cant believe this has +1000 views!
    UPDATE on the steering pull problem... it was worn out front strut mounts!

also, the pull to the right was the worst after making a hard right turn...
    ..and after making a hard left u-turn, it would almost pull straight or slightly left!

MUCH MUCH thanks and appreciation to the guys on this forum that know their stuff!! and are so willing to help newbs learn!

2009 GT

6. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it straightened out! Literally!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery