Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HSRK Components?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a lot of testing. Thanks for putting the time into this. I have bent my stock sensor upwards and shaved some of the plastic that sits directly in the airflow of the wire. At this point I am considering not even installing my HSRK I put together. I may just sell it instead....
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Prem/Sport, No Roof

Current: Pypes Violators, Magnaflow 12468 "Drone Killer" in midpipe, Spectre CAI, Cortex, UPR Catch Can, VG Sharkfin, LEDs, Smoked Bumper Lenses, Morimoto 4300K HIDs, V6 Tails, Redline Armrest Cover, Rear Aux Cables, Autodim Mirror, Pontiac Trunk Mat

Future: Window Tint, Headers, Cam?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another item to consider:

I received Pace's email about one of their new LS3 crate engine offerings, and it includes a heat shield installed between the block & the intake manifold. The product is called HeatShield Products I-M Shield and is $53 on Pace's site

It seems like this is a really good place to start for lowering intake temps. I never considered it before, but that is a good sized amount of surface area radiating heat into the Intake Manifold. With the shielding, it would keep the hot air inside the block, putting the heat back into the coolant, which is where we want it. It annoys me that the Mfg description only lists RWHP and not actual temperature differences. I wouldn't necessarily believe that 12 rwhp claim. But, it's cheap, easy install, and intuitively seems like it should work. I'll probably try it on an upcoming LS3 project in a few months.
    "If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow." -Ross Bentley