Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIR North, April 6, 2013, Session 2

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt82 View Post
    I grew up about 45 minutes from there. I wish I had gone. Its funny though I recognize the hotel from one of the Top Gear episodes. Looks like a blast, especially in a well built car like yours.
    Thanks! It definitely is!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Looks like fun. What is with all the slow Corvettes
    If you spend enough time on road courses, you find out that's unfortunately all too typical for too many corvette and Porsche drivers. Hammer down in the straights, crawl through the corners.
    2009 G8 GT
    Road course and racing school junkie, high-performance car control instructor, 8300 miles on 17 tracks and counting

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFE View Post
    If you spend enough time on road courses, you find out that's unfortunately all too typical for too many corvette and Porsche drivers. Hammer down in the straights, crawl through the corners.
    True; I have seen some though going all out. I had an instructor last year in a Z06 that drove it very hard; it was a fun ride with him!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hilliard View Post
    True; I have seen some though going all out. I had an instructor last year in a Z06 that drove it very hard; it was a fun ride with him!
    Oh, there's no doubt about that, in fact at any given day, a lot of the fastest drivers will be in Porsches and Vettes. But during those same days, the guys who will drive you the most crazy with holding you up in corners will be driving the same makes.
    2009 G8 GT
    Road course and racing school junkie, high-performance car control instructor, 8300 miles on 17 tracks and counting