Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: improve stealth mode

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually in bed by dark, so...
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyG8 View Post
    No clue, but it is a nice feature when the girlfriend tags along...
    Lmao

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakss View Post
    Lmao
    Glad I'm not the only one who caught that...
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

just thought i'd bump this thread hoping to get some fresh eyes on it. someone's got to know how to do this!?!
    2009 MGM GT + Prem + Sunroof
    +Magnaflow Catback (Street Series)
    +VaraRam "Ram Air V" Intake

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a way to make the speedometer darker than the darkest setting using the dimmer in stealth mode.

Have all of your dash lights and headlights on like normal at night,
    Turn the headlight switch left to off (be careful if you do this while driving because you wont be able to see anymore lol)
    Enable stealth mode while the lights are off
    Then flick the headlight switch left again so that your headlights turn on.

It can be done within a second or two once you get good at it and this will enable the speedometer to become even darker. Hope that helps
    Last edited by dan017; 07-15-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love stealth mode driving highway long distance at night. helps night vision and strain.

meanwhile on the why - it's been alluded to a few times but more specifically.

Since the car has a seperated, dedicated speedometer - then - that speedometer has to be lit at night in all conditions, and of course daylight visible. thus Stealth mode is not legally allowed to remove lighting from the speedo.

they could have programed the system such that - stealthmode would have turned on DIC speedosetting, and turned off all lights. but that would have to trump whatever dic setting you would have had set, most people don't ride with DIC speedo setting, that I know of.

it is a legal requirement. I could be changed by adding another switch to turn off speedo lighting - but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes