Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl@Vaporworx at VIR for One Lap of America

Post Thanks / Like

Daytona just before putting on my big boy pants @ 155mph.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Car! I want a race car one of these days! Thanks for sharing Doug.

Rick Crawford Racing Top End, Full Bolt-Ons, and PI 2600 Stall
    Current PB: 11.00 @ 125.91 --60' 1.61
    My YouTube Channel

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy TrackBeast View Post
    Awesome Car! I want a race car one of these days! Thanks for sharing Doug.

You're welcome!
    Carl, if you get the GoPro vid up somewhere, I'd love to have a look!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Troy, but she's a street car that can make a go of it on the track. This year for One Lap it was 4051 miles, including on-track, in eight days. New Orleans to Daytona Beach was a 10-1/2 hour ride after a track day at NOLA. It's by far the most fun car week I've ever had.

Doug, I need to edit the video, but it's pretty interesting coming over the hump. The image gets more and more vibration as the speed increases. My lines could use some help as well but three laps and overspeeding a few turns......

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the main course at VIR. It includes the recon lap. After the recon the cars in that session all stop at start/finish then the three hot laps session starts. This is the first time I've seen the course in full configuration so my lines get better as the session goes on. I watch it now and cringe at how bad some of the lines are for T1 (came in too hot.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZ6M...ature=youtu.be

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carl@Vaporworx View Post
    Here's the main course at VIR. It includes the recon lap. After the recon the cars in that session all stop at start/finish then the three hot laps session starts. This is the first time I've seen the course in full configuration so my lines get better as the session goes on. I watch it now and cringe at how bad some of the lines are for T1 (came in too hot.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZ6M...ature=youtu.be
    Well I'm impressed! The lines looked pretty good to me for the most part. Even the recon lap was good! Nicely done! I noticed you staying in front too; nice place to be!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.