Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl@Vaporworx at VIR for One Lap of America

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Carl@Vaporworx at VIR for One Lap of America

Here's a pic of Carl's car getting ready to head out onto VIR at One Lap of America:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/virnow/...0516/lightbox/
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

VIR is fantastic! Being that it is on the other side of the country track days there are few and far between, but I will never forget driving there. Finishing 1-2-1 in class helps too.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carl@Vaporworx View Post
    VIR is fantastic! Being that it is on the other side of the country track days there are few and far between, but I will never forget driving there. Finishing 1-2-1 in class helps too.
    Wow! Carl, that placing is awesome! That looks like quite an event and very tiring! Glad you enjoyed VIR; those of us who are close to it are very grateful to have it! Hope you're getting some rest!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Carl!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

For One Lap there is only one recon lap so there is no chance to get a good feel for the track. Doug, I think I did see God approaching the blind hump after the tree at a buck-fifty. I had to keep reminding myself "There is track on the other side....." What a rush. You folks with G8's and have a passion for one of the most greulling and fun events on planet earth should come out for One Lap. It is like nothing else out there. Everything else pales in comparison.

One of my favorite photos of the entire One Lap. We were the only ones honored to stage this photo. Doing 155mph on the high banks is wild in a 45 year old car.

Last edited by Carl@Vaporworx; 05-13-2013 at 08:18 AM.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very cool Carl! Were you using street tires at VIR? I know what you mean about the hump on the backstretch but I don't think I've hit it at 150! You've got an awesome machine there Carl, and you obviously can drive it placing like you did!

Post Thanks / Like

Michellin Pilot Super Sports. We have to run tires purchased and specially marked through Tire Rack. If memory serves they must be over 140 tread wear rating. OLoA runs track events rain or shine and you must start and finish on the same set of tires, so the PSS is about the best out there. The new Dunlop is showing a lot of potential but there was no time for testing.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carl@Vaporworx View Post
    Michellin Pilot Super Sports. We have to run tires purchased and specially marked through Tire Rack. If memory serves they must be over 140 tread wear rating. OLoA runs track events rain or shine and you must start and finish on the same set of tires, so the PSS is about the best out there. The new Dunlop is showing a lot of potential but there was no time for testing.
    Impressive; I don't think I'd have the nerve to run 150 over that hill in street tires! Sounds like a great event.

Post Thanks / Like

Nerve or stupidity. I think you have the better part. The track at VIR was smoother than Daytona, but one has to really throw out the anchor at VIR to slow down for Roller Coaster. One of the cars in our group had an off there and wiped out the front spoiler/splitter. Another competitor in a Speedconcepts 2012 Gull Wing Mercedes went off there as well and hit the tire wall. We all shed a tear for that car.