Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Rear passenger door is closed and locked but says it's still open?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rear passenger door is closed and locked but says it's still open?

I just started having an issue this morning with the rear driver side door. I opened it to put my jacket in the back and closed it just like any other morning. The doors locked once I got going but before I leave my neighborhood, my overhead light comes on and the icon showing a door is open pops up on the dash. I stopped and got out of the car to inspect all the doors and trunk. Everything is already closed so I open and closed everything just to double check. Both the light and dash icon stay on for my entire drive to work and the doors do not automatically lock themselves like before once I strat driving, though I'm able to lock them by pressing the lock button. Once I got to the parking lot at work, I again was checking the doors but more specifically the rear driver side door since that was originally the only other door I opened besides the driver door before this problem popped up. I sat back in my car with the doors closed, started the car and everything was fine, no overhead lights or icon on the dash once the car was started. I shut the car off, lock it and walk into work. About 30 seconds go by and I hear my car alarm going off and then it shuts off after about 15 or so seconds. I walk back to my car and it says the passenger door was opened causing the alarm, even though it hasn't been opened. Anybody else experience similar issues and does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? I've already read about others having a rear door locking problem, but my door locks just fine. Thanks
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Time for a new latch most likely. I need to do this to my dads G8.

Post Thanks / Like

The weird thing is that it works, as in unlocks and locks, perfectly fine, which makes me think it is more an electrical issue but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue. Also I should add, when I do lock the doors know, the horn honks 5 times to let you know that a door isn't closed even though all doors are closed and locked.
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the pin switch or whatever is used in the latch that is funky, but could be another problem entirely.