Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ECM reflashed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need ECM reflashed

Can you reflash my ECM on my 2009 G8 GT back to stock?

It has a tune from another company on it from when I bought it.

What would the cost be?

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, email us from our site. Depends on if its locked or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try going back to the compnay to have them redo it for you.... they should do it for free or close to free..... or if its Livernois, they could say they would do it, but then lose your file and say it was corrupt and then your sol..... and then pay Chris to unlock it for you...

good luck!!!
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris can hook it up...you two arent that far from each other anyway...
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    Did you try going back to the compnay to have them redo it for you.... they should do it for free or close to free..... or if its Livernois, they could say they would do it, but then lose your file and say it was corrupt and then your sol..... and then pay Chris to unlock it for you...

good luck!!!
    Seriously Chuck? Are we still on this? Your computer wouldn't flash, or read, or communicate period. Maybe it was something with our computer that day, but it was 2.5 years ago. I am not certain if you have ever had to deal with a server failure, it was unfortunate, but it's not like it was something we did on purpose, today we have even more backups and redundancies in place to help eliminate any of these possibilities. With all that being said I sure hope you give the same attention on your experiences with every shop that you have had some sort of issue with along the way as we get for not being able to return the ECM to stock.

To the OP, I am not certain if it is a car we have done, but if so we can put it back to stock free of charge for you. If not, I know Chris can work his magic too.

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
    Seriously Chuck? Are we still on this? Your computer wouldn't flash, or read, or communicate period. Maybe it was something with our computer that day, but it was 2.5 years ago. I am not certain if you have ever had to deal with a server failure, it was unfortunate, but it's not like it was something we did on purpose, today we have even more backups and redundancies in place to help eliminate any of these possibilities. With all that being said I sure hope you give the same attention on your experiences with every shop that you have had some sort of issue with along the way as we get for not being able to return the ECM to stock.

To the OP, I am not certain if it is a car we have done, but if so we can put it back to stock free of charge for you. If not, I know Chris can work his magic too.
    In Livernois' defense, they went way above and beyond what they had to do when I had a problem reflashing back to stock. They put my stock tune on a new ecu and sent it to me for free.

I've now moved on to HPTuners, but they they really took care of me in a pinch, and for free.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Over the last few years, We've had several people say they lost a drive and requested the stock and modified files be sent. Without thinking twice, we send them. Luckily, even though we had a drive failure and lost several files, luckily most were customer who had our mail order Unleashed device and instill had the email from them with the stock files and my email to them with the modified files. Unfortunately, in your case, Chuck, the car was tuned at our facility and we had no other backup other than on our server. As Andy said, today we have even more backups and redundancies in place to help eliminate any of these possibilities.

Just the other day I had a customer send me a VIN from a car he bought used to see if it was tuned by us, and I spent about 45 minutes researching it and found we mail order tuned it in 2009.

Rick

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was done locally but I will see what the sticker in the door jamb says.

Most likely I will meet up with Chris to get this done.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post

I was just stating facts.... nothing more... ps... I am not the only guy that had to go buy a ECM after you couldnt unlock it..... believe me Andy, I have spared you alot from my experiences and kept to myself..... My issue with the ECM was a simple one.... your server messed up and thus I was screwed.... I was promised if I ever needed to go back that would be no issue... but it was..... and I got nothing from anyone..... I dont care if your server went down or screwed up.. thats not my issue... its not like someones engine blew up or anything... it was a simple ECM that could have been replaced due to someone not being able to support something they said they would.... but moving on....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I was just stating facts.... nothing more... ps... I am not the only guy that had to go buy a ECM after you couldnt unlock it..... believe me Andy, I have spared you alot from my experiences and kept to myself..... My issue with the ECM was a simple one.... your server messed up and thus I was screwed.... I was promised if I ever needed to go back that would be no issue... but it was..... and I got nothing from anyone..... I dont care if your server went down or screwed up.. thats not my issue... its not like someones engine blew up or anything... it was a simple ECM that could have been replaced due to someone not being able to support something they said they would.... but moving on....
    Chuck,

As with any customer, I always encourage people to share their experiences. I know we had the ECM issue, which was unfortunate, but to be honest I believe everything else was a positive experience. I remember that Dan even tuned your car at the track for no cost, we did extra work at no cost, and have continued to offer tech support, insight, recommendations, and our services to you even though we are not the current builder of your car. I know we always try to go above and beyond on any of our builds for customers, as this is something we pride ourselves on. I had assumed that all was well on our end with you as you have reached out for our tuning support multiple times for your car over the last 2 years or so as it has progressed towards its current state. Just to ensure that this is accurate, Dan was going to give you a call later on today to follow up.

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop