Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need ECM reflashed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
    Chuck,

As with any customer, I always encourage people to share their experiences. I know we had the ECM issue, which was unfortunate, but to be honest I believe everything else was a positive experience. I remember that Dan even tuned your car at the track for no cost, we did extra work at no cost, and have continued to offer tech support, insight, recommendations, and our services to you even though we are not the current builder of your car. I know we always try to go above and beyond on any of our builds for customers, as this is something we pride ourselves on. I had assumed that all was well on our end with you as you have reached out for our tuning support multiple times for your car over the last 2 years or so as it has progressed towards its current state. Just to ensure that this is accurate, Dan was going to give you a call later on today to follow up.
    Andy,

I didnt mean to make this a big thing.... you guys did good for me overall and there are issues anytime dealing with the car world no matter who you work with.. crap happens... the ECM issue made me upset because I had to go buy another one even though I should not have had to...its only a hundred or so for another ecm but for me it seemed like alot at the time....considering all the other stuff that happened to my unlucky car... I dont bring up every issue I have with everyone that works on my car but sometimes I let out little splurges of stuff that seems very small but these are the things that are very controllable and easy to avoid..... having other issues is luck of the draw but simple stuff could be avoided... no backup copies, etc didnt make sense to me when people are reliant on a company... this is what upset me...

When people bring up who to go to and that, your name is one I bring up for sure. I think you guys are good guys. I am sure you have that server thing fixed now and have a good backup system now.... lessons learned.. again, it was a comment that was factual and not meaning to persuade anyone from going to see you.... I guess I should have spelled out my comment with more details so people could understand better on what happened so they dont get the wrong idea... hopefully no hard feelings...
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

I never figured out why there are locked lock tunes for custom combos..who wants to run a tune for someone's else's combo...allot of tuners don't lock their tunes and their business is brisk...even backlogged. The few who would try and save a few bucks attempting to hack a tune up using others tunes end up with a crappy running car or could blow it up.

That said, Livernois originally did my Maggie install and they did a fine job. I would recommend them for sure.
    Last edited by norm8332; 04-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage