Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help....i can't get in

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb help....i can't get in

Ok so i store my car for winter..the battery is dead in the car..i tried the key to open the door but it won't unlock the door

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

WD 40 the key and try again?
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Put the key in the door to unlock it. Open door, reach to back door and unlock. Flip rear seat down and on the passenger side of the opening is a handle, pull handle and trunk opens. I never drive mine and have been through this 4 times.

If key does not fit door this means that the ignition key and door key are keyed different for some reason. Do try WD-40 just to see if tumblers are stuck.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried just about everything...i can turn the key no problem towards the back of the car but when i turn it toward the front out has a resistance to it...my guess its its sized so now how ells could i get in the car or get per to the battery?

Post Thanks / Like

You have to get it open. No other option. If you could slim jim the rear door that would work, but you have to get in the car.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're explaining how to get the trunk open from inside the car aren't you GRRR8?

He just needs to get in to the car as I understand it.
    G8 GXP Manual w/ sunroof
    Borla catback, H&R springs, Sprintbooster (and I love it!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LBV View Post
    I think you're explaining how to get the trunk open from inside the car aren't you GRRR8?

He just needs to get in to the car as I understand it.
    Correct. Most don't know how to get the trunk open when the battery is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Will the Onstar backup battery unlock it if you call them?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    Will the Onstar backup battery unlock it if you call them?
    That's a good question...but don't the power locks need power from the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Correct. Most don't know how to get the trunk open when the battery is dead.
    I know how to get in the trunk..if i can't get in there i can go under the hood but the problem is i can't even get in the car to open said hood or utrunk