Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To V or Not to V - That is the Question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Tempting I guess, but I'm happy right where I am.
    Well, sort of, after a few more little things...
    I would have to agree with the "expensive" aspect, but I've never hung out on their forums.
    Are they pricey to mod?
    Pullys and tune nets roughly 80whp. Ive been creepin around there for awhile. Prices dont seem that bad.

Sent from a nuclear plant on my S3
    Rotofab
    Kooks LT
    Solo HFC
    Solo Mach
    Pedders Street II GSR kit
    Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
    Milled Heads
    Ported Intake
    Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
    After:430/404

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoG8 View Post
    Pullys and tune nets roughly 80whp. Ive been creepin around there for awhile. Prices dont seem that bad.

Sent from a nuclear plant on my S3
    Yes, they do respond awesome to small mods.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

The next Gen CTS will have lots more room. Current CTS rear seat is about the same as the new ATS. Definite deal breaker for us. Also hard to see out of the rear window. But if you don't use a back seat much.... Go for it!
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

New here, but I have some info....

I have a 10' V sedan. ALL stock motor with the exception of injectors and put down 675RWHP and run a 10.64 on DRs with stock supercharger... I have spent about $12k in bolt ons, so that's not cheap, but I was at 585RWHP on 93 with stock exhaust....
    With that being said, you could always supercharge your G8 if you like the car better. As soon as I get my 25 posts I will be adding my stock supercharger with ported snout to the for sale section for one of you G8 owners to add to your car!

V or not to V is only personal preference. I thought it was the best car in the world until I bought one and now my eyes wander to the new vettes... Lol

Don't get me wrong, I love my car....

Using Tapatalk

5. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at getting a Vagon sometime this year/next year. Will be selling the G8 to put towards the V. Wife thinks the V is a lot tighter than the G8, and it is, but I keep trying to get her to realize that it's around the same size as her Camry and my old 1999 Grand Prix.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

If I could trade the g8 and pay the difference in cash I would with out batting an eye.
    But that's me. I like to keep my toys paid for tho.

Even if I had a payment and it would be the same each month with adding say one year I would do it also.
    To me the v is a much better looking, designed, and comfortable ride. With cheaper and more avaible after market parts.

Pontiac = poor mans Cadillac haha
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I might have misread the first post. But you mentioned nothing about a M6 V Wagon did you? )

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

2009.1 PSM GT Sport/Premium Package.
    OBX 1 7/8", 3" to 2.5" X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth, 6k HIDS, VCM OTR
    Rick C Intake and Throttle Body, MM Carbon Fiber Hood, 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring, Pat G Tuned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THE Adam V View Post
    I might have misread the first post. But you mentioned nothing about a M6 V Wagon did you? )

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    The V Wagons are awesome but I am in traffic so often that I would probably regret a stick. Plus autos are faster.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

I've been debating on getting a Vagon in Thunder Gray for about a year now. Only problem is that I don't have a space in the garage for it. No way I'm investing all of that money into a car that will sit outside. Aside from that, the V is a higher starting platform than the G8 is as far as power numbers are concerned. Even with a company like D3, there seems to be more of an aftermarket support and following for the V's. Cadillac is also into the racing development scene as well which I'm sure is helping with further OEM developments and that trickles down into the aftermarket side of business. While the same could be said for the G8's, I see a few parts that are VE Commodore based only being RHD rather than being compatible with our LHD G8's.

To me the Vagon is my realistic dream car. Have 4 people and all of their gear? No problem. Want to embarrass some teen driving mommy and daddy's BMW, go for it. Hauling 4 people and all of their gear while whooping up on said teen in his parents BMW, rolling down all the windows so he can see it's fully loaded and watching his jaw drop after he catches up, priceless.
    - Matt