Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a good shop in NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Mayben,

For bolt ons and regular mods, consider that carnivale's firestone I mentioned. They rebuilt my friend's trans am, wiring and all. So, they know their stuff. Very affordable too. Just not sure if they tune.
    Doug Thorley to MBS 2.5 midpipe, homemade intake, ported throttlebody, loads of soundproofing and custom audio

Post Thanks / Like

Don't use STS in Morris plains or Firestone in Denville for tire replacement. They both damaged all 4 wheels when I had new tires put on. Both refinished the wheels, but they are not as good as factory... I think they used AAA wheel refinishing?. Quality discount tire in Randolph does my tires now.

I have some battle damage to take care of eventually. . I really am dreading finding a paint shop to trust.
    MGM GXP - M6, sunroof, and a whole lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Don't use STS in Morris plains or Firestone in Denville for tire replacement. They both damaged all 4 wheels when I had new tires put on. Both refinished the wheels, but they are not as good as factory... I think they used AAA wheel refinishing?. Quality discount tire in Randolph does my tires now.

I have some battle damage to take care of eventually. . I really am dreading finding a paint shop to trust.
    Now that you mention it, they completely overtorqued my lug nuts when they mounted my tires. They had to break the stud off and put a new one in. They did it in 5 minutes free of charge so I gave them a pass, but still.
    Doug Thorley to MBS 2.5 midpipe, homemade intake, ported throttlebody, loads of soundproofing and custom audio

Post Thanks / Like

East Coast Supercharging in NJ......heard nothing but good
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    More than most!!!!

Still pulling splinters from my ass on this one...

:Paid for full three in exhaust with tips..... got full three inch with 2.5" muffs and no tips...
    :new LSXr 102 intake and they forgot to tighten bolts on between two halfs and it blew apart throwing gas all over engine!!!!! lucky damn car didnt go up in flames!!!! and I had to get towed!!
    :Put 4L80E in car that was supposed to be virtually new.... pulled out cause I blew it a month later and it was completely rusty, and per RPM, they said it looked like it sat outside in snow for a yr!!!!! ps... I never drive even in rain!!!
    :Setup my trans and trans controller but didnt tie RPM back into controller so it would shift ok on street but on track it would redline and not shift right.... I had to rewire and figure out myself... the way they did it would have never worked!!!
    :After I got car back my A/F gage didnt work at all.... still have to figure out that one... replaced sensor but didnt fix it...
    :Orifice size on meth system was a mile off per the meth guyy who sold the system, the new shop I worked with.... their choice of nozzles would never get up to proper pressure and didnt work right!!!
    :9" rear they put in and I found drivers side axle was completely loose and dripping oil everywhere.... found it loose only due the oil... all bolts on axles joint were not even hand tight!!!!
    :They kept my car 1 year!!!!! tore it apart and then worked on other cars!!!! my car say for so long there.... they did as a filler job but charged me full!!!!
    :When they put my fuel injector orings on, they had three different size orings... which they leaked!!!! MIENGINEER and a couple other guys from the forum helped me change orings after it again was blowing gas all over engine in the middle of the night on woodward!!!
    : Paid $187 for a battery that was stil under warranty and was not warned about this till after I got bill...
    : Paid over $90each for 2 V belts that I was not warned about ..... a bit high I would say!!! and it wasnt the racing kind!!! just normal!!
    : Paid $750 for used Camaro brembos for the FRONT only and gave them my brakes and they said they would give me a killer deal.... not sure if it were killer for me?
    : They lost my Circle D converter... claimed they shipped it and circle d lost it.... but after over 2 months of complaining about it... they mysteriously found it!!!!

Other than these couple items...... ....

I think Matt is a great tuner but for medium big jobs.....hmmmm..... not too sure about!!! He does have a bigger place now and should help, but I think many of these mistakes were completely out of line and could have caused me much loss!!!! Who leaves the bolts loose on an intake?.... fuel rail lists up and injectors pump gas all over hot ass engine!!!!!! not cool!!!

How is that for an experience???
    I feel ya, I saw your car at the shop a few times...unfortunately me and my friend had a not so good experience either and wont be going back as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVIDMOTION View Post
    East Coast Supercharging in NJ......heard nothing but good
    they have demons too... as do all shops lol
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    You could try RPM in Delaware
    +1

I've heard good things. Plus no sales tax in Delaware!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my fenders cut (slightly) last weekend at Action Tire in Lodi..

They seem to know their stuff in regards to wheels.. I saw that they also do Audio and Suspension Work..

2009.5 G8 GT PBM W/ ONYX/RED INTERIOR PREMIUM PKG, SPORT PKG, SUNROOF, AND BLUETOOTH
    **SuperChips 93 RotoFab Tune **RotoFab CAI **Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust
    **20% Tint **6000k HIDs **Audi Style LEDs

Addicted Member 2lazy4agoodname's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up. New facebook group for tri state guys. Might turn into something for meets/etc... https://www.facebook.com/groups/419119251547097/
    16 SSB SS A6
    VCM, KOOKS, 3" Solo, RCR MANI & TB, Eibach, VMR
    09 PBM G8 GT -
    Built By Rick Crawford Racing
    404 Stroker / Ported LSA Blower / 2" Headers / Built Trans / Alky Methanol
    RCR Heads & Cam / TPIS TB / ATI Balancer / Vaporworks & V Pump
    Solo / CTS-V Brembos / BMR / VMR V701 / H&R Coilovers / Holden SSV Conversion

9.89 @ 138.8
    09 WH GXP M6 (#1827 of 1829)
    Roto-Fab / Solo Mach Shorty