Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard heater hoses from Camaro

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted as after careful comparison of images from the camaro link to what I see in the G8, I'm skeptical snaking them up near the firewall. I think CP post suggests the engine is placed closer to the firewall in the G8 than Camaro. With the one ebay sale @ $32 to the porch, I'm tempted to pick them up. Still on the fence. I scored a smoking deal on a ATI superdamper and may allocate the funds towards a ARP bolt instead.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcmGT View Post
    I think CP post suggests the engine is placed closer to the firewall in the G8 than Camaro.
    Nope.
    I was looking at the difference in the water pumps.
    Now it looks like although they've jacked the Camaro WP pulley 1.5" further forward than Corvette/G8, they've kept the heater hose connections the same distance from the engine block.
    So forget everything I said about the Camaro hoses potentially being 1.5" too long.

Corvette/G8 water pump heater hose connections.
    LS3waterpump.jpg

Camaro LS3 water pump heater hose connections.
    CamaroLS3 waterpump.jpg
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the clarification. Perhaps just my view, images in section 17 and 19 of the camaro5 link seems to show more room vs what I see with the G8.
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a set yesterday. Delivery around Mar. 5. Sometimes stuff takes a little longer crossing the border sometimes not. No stock in Canada on either coast or the few local dealers I called. They told me 3-4 weeks out of the States. Right.
    Just to give you an idea there $176.42 + tax at the dealer. Ordered off ebay delivered USPS for half that. That $32 and change is like a giveaway. The shipping up to here is way more than that. I'm getting "hosed" and its still a deal.
    I'll let you know how they fit shortly after they show up but I cannot see them not fitting. The engine bays are almost identical on the two cars.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice hose kit. A couple close ups that show proximity to the plugs would be good.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused here. What is the benefit of doing this?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I could not pass up $32 to the porch. If it's clear they will not fit, I'm sure I can flip on Camaro5. While they will be here Monday, GRRRR8GT will have the first crack at this as I'm having total shoulder joint replacement friday - will be a few weeks before I'm wrenching again.
    Sport /Premium

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

While some will say engine heat reduction by removing the hot heater hoses from the intake surface, I suspect the effect is minimal making this a cosmetic change only - personal preference.
    Sport /Premium

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the $32 eBay deal is over. I'm curious how this works out as well. I like how they dip down lower to retain access to the plugs. The techafx looks like they occupy some valuable real estate.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Phil@PnP Tech; 02-19-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

Addicted Member 2lazy4agoodname's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really hoping this works out. The dip down for the plugs is much better on this than on the HHRK.
    16 SSB SS A6
    VCM, KOOKS, 3" Solo, RCR MANI & TB, Eibach, VMR
    09 PBM G8 GT -
    Built By Rick Crawford Racing
    404 Stroker / Ported LSA Blower / 2" Headers / Built Trans / Alky Methanol
    RCR Heads & Cam / TPIS TB / ATI Balancer / Vaporworks & V Pump
    Solo / CTS-V Brembos / BMR / VMR V701 / H&R Coilovers / Holden SSV Conversion

9.89 @ 138.8
    09 WH GXP M6 (#1827 of 1829)
    Roto-Fab / Solo Mach Shorty