Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Im coming into some money, besides tax return.... what upgrades?

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Im coming into some money, besides tax return.... what upgrades?

Ok,

The gist of it is that I worked for one company contracted to another company (have done this for 5 years under the same contract, The company Im contracted to recently found out I don't get benefits and decided to step in), I am now being hired on full time. I deal in Computer Support so I make "enough" (translated: more than usual for my position) and now its going to be even more, plus benefits I didn't have. The thing is my previous company withholds paychecks 2 pay periods behind while my new company pays right away, resulting in that I will be getting 4 full paychecks for the month of February. This also couples with my tax return check. I'm a single guy right now, the only love in my life is my G8 GT, and I can now finally start to look at serious performance parts.

The only mod I have right now is a Vararam intake with no tune. My end goal (as if there ever is one) is to go forced induction, Be it Supercharged or turbo.

Having said that, my Hood has some heat damage (not oxidation, it was a combination of a chemical and heat, don't want to go into details.... fucking women.) and instead of repainting it I am going to replace it with a Magic Mike carbon fiber hood.

AFTER THAT.... I will have a working budget of around $3000, maybe even more. With my goal towards forced induction, and a "minimal" budget of $3000 what should I look to be upgrading? My first thought is to go with 1" 7/8th headers with full exhaust (probably a combination of Kooks and corsa) and various minor mods like an under drive pulley and a thermostat with a chip tune.

What do you think?

Again, the only mod I have right now is a Vararam intake.... what would you do with $3000 at that point?

*EDIT*

The current hood I have is in great physical condition, it just needs a re-paint. When I get my carbon Fiber hood in, I'm willing to let it go for super cheap.
    Last edited by phyzik; 01-28-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like

ARH headers tune UDP port & polish TB
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

dont do an underdrive pulley if you plan on forced induction. use the money for sway bars, intake, tune, etc.
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe there's a CF hood in the for sale section along with some other goodies you might like... That said, I'd get the basic upgrades out of the way like Headers and a solid tune from a reputable shop/person. If you're handy or have a mechanic friend you could also get a DOD Delete cam package and install it yourself.

Corsa systems are nice but I'd go with Solo, personal taste but they offer a little more flexibility on the sound with the different systems they offer.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

What's your desired end result? Street, Drag, road race? Headers and a tune will really wake it up and you shouldn't need any beefing up of the driveline to do so. Then after that, I'd start looking at suspension. Poly and some good struts and BMR sway bars really make these thing handle great.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So Im coming into some money, besides tax return.... what upgrades?

Header back exhaust, tune, ported tb (from Rick Crawford)

Sent from a nuclear plant somewhere on my Nexus 7..
    Rotofab
    Kooks LT
    Solo HFC
    Solo Mach
    Pedders Street II GSR kit
    Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
    Milled Heads
    Ported Intake
    Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
    After:430/404

Post Thanks / Like

Suspension.......Hacked Ataris....Bluetooth .......Door Speakers......Auto Dimming Mirror.......AutoTech Mats....Brakes.......Glove Box light.......HID Lights
    Last edited by Panzer Leader; 01-29-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you spend it at Juiced Motorsports you can't go wrong! LOL. If you want to add a supercharger down the road we always recommend a set of ARH long tube headers. You might want to add a small cam and possibly a DOD removal as well if you are going forced induction.
    JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM
    CONTACT US FOR YOUR GRRRR8 DISCOUNT! We carry all the top brands for your G8! Roto-Fab, Vararam, Volant, Corsa, Solo, Borla, ARH, SLP, Magnacharger, Procharger, Superchips, NX and much more at the best prices around!
    Call us at 224-63-Juice thats 224-635-8423 or email us at INFO@JuicedMotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kooks long tube headers + Corsa catback...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies everyone, gives me some idea of where I want to go. DOD removal is a definite regardless of what I do, I just cant stand the sound when it kicks in with my current redneck exhaust (spacers between the flange and mufflers). Besides that, DOD doesn't seem to help me with gas mileage anyway with my lead foot syndrome. (when I hear DOD kick on I literally push the pedal more just to get rid of it, hahaha).

It may sound lame but I'm a HUGE Tim Duncan fan (being here in San Antonio) and he just opened a true speed shop here in town, Already talking with them on what I want to do.

If your curious, Tim Duncan's Speed shop is http://blackjackspeedshop.com/ and when he is not balling he is actually there physically working on vehicles, he's definitely a car guy, which makes me an even bigger fan. As far as I know, he has a nice Hennessy Challenger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4cEY8R1R4) and a pretty sweet Nissan GT-R (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkifevnECs4). Im hoping to challenge him to a drag against his Challenger at the local speedway when all is said and done. Maybe bet him for court side behind the bench game tickets or something so I can talk shit to him about his trashy Dodge.
    Last edited by phyzik; 01-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.