Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSV E2 conversion maybe??? Photoshop help P&TY

Post Thanks / Like

Default HSV E2 conversion maybe??? Photoshop help P&TY

So from what I could tell it's been awhile since this was brought up last I could find was Nates poll and before that like 2010.

Has anyone done the conversion? I've seen a few of the other styles but not the E2. Id love to hear thoughts.

I have been going crazy looking at the front end and might go ahead and get it but wanted to see if there was a photoshop guru that might be able to help me with the look I would go after? So below are a couple of pictures and how I would like it to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know if I'll keep the inserts at the hood or not if I do they will be either black or colormatched like they yellow but in LR. But what Id like to do is have that filled so its smooth. If possible Id like to see one similar to the yellow but in red same color set up though. and the other like the second pic but I will do black up the center of the hood kind of like the firehawk hood.
    Thanks in advance to anyone with photoshop

GTS e2 yellow.jpg

hsv_e2_.jpg

firehawk hd.jpgfirehawk hood.jpg

Mine for reference if it matters I dont have a front shot figured it would be easiest to use the second pic?

G8thread1 copy.jpg
    G8thre.jpg

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared to get raked over the coals....

$$$$$$$$.....oh, did I mention more $$$$$?
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Should be way less than JHP if I can make it work would not do it at that price since I am going to do new paint at the install. But hey cant take it with me when Im gone so...

Post Thanks / Like

It would definitely make a statement, and you sure would get a lot of stares/questions after the install.
    If you have the money, might as well go for it!

Also very interested in this conversion, as the idea has been floating around for the last year or so, but the price from JHP was always the limiter.
    Didn't talk to CP about it, yet.
    Sub'd to find out what you end up doing.
    2009.1 PBM GT
    Performance:
    Baker Engineering Wrenched and Tuned, BMR, Roto-Fab, Magnaflow, Hankook, DBA, Hawk. Kooks, ATI
    Current Numbers: 399 RWHP, 377 RWTQ
    For Show: Crazy Paul parts, RedlineGoods Holden rear armrest, Maverick Man, Lockwood SS V8 gauge face, VG Shark Fin, Black Cat Custom Triple Gauge Faces, CTS-V's

Post Thanks / Like

I am working with Paul and another guy over there Huge price point is the actual bumper but I have found a few for way less and would just need some of the other things. Not really trying to make a statement just love the look and want it to be different than the rest of the pack

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can find a reasonable way to do it, I am sure Paul will chime in too.

I bet more than a few here would be in...

Post Thanks / Like

If a person contemplated doing a conversion this would be the one worth doing. It's only money...if your are going to do it then go all the way and MAKE A STATEMENT with it!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Define reasonable I am working with him and hope to get it sorted for at least a couple grand less than JHP but a couple grand saved goes straight o paint so...

Tony I agree it is only money and it would make me verrry happy so hopefully I can photochop it or get someone with skill to that way I have the physical image that matches my minds eye, Id hate to drop all the money and have it turn out different than I picture in my head so Ill take my time do it right and hope it works.

someone back in 2010 did mention if one person had one here in the states someone then could take it mold or however the process is done to copy reproduce them and then a template would be available here for much less than having them shipped? does that sound right if so its something I might be open to if it all comes together I guess it would depend on the interest and the person with the time capability to make repo's

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I recall that. I have a few contacts here who could make a small run, but not sure how that would pan out with timing.

I'm not opposed to that front on the E2, I like it...heck, even the regular E2 SSV a friend has at Holden [a wagon, none the less] looks kliller.

Post Thanks / Like

If theres someone with the skill and I was confident mine would not be damaged I may be open to it. I guess someone with the know how would have to decide cost benefit of doing it? I am open to footing part of it if it can work out in the end if there is someone interested PM me and we could talk.