Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    The good news: Had a friend come over and we evacuated the system, vacuumed it down, and filled it. After that made lots of cold water. The tank got as cold as a typical american style lager beer . Discovered that I am still dripping some coolant though from a fitting. I will need to drain it again and see it I can stop that. It will be hard to fill since I will not have much play in the lines to fill it now that the AC is filled up.
    Without teflon tape the temperature changes will cause leaks. I would recommend a bleed fitting in the top of that reservoir if any one were to make another one. Just put a xxxx load of stop leak in it LOL Good to hear you made progress, wiring work out OK?

ACTIVE INTERCHILLER.COM Fl INTERCHILLER
    Original SUPER CHILLER Since 2009
    Original XTREME CHILLER Since 2013
    FACEBOOK 727 656 1422
    Email Orders and Inquires

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
    Without teflon tape the temperature changes will cause leaks. I would recommend a bleed fitting in the top of that reservoir if any one were to make another one. Just put a xxxx load of stop leak in it LOL Good to hear you made progress, wiring work out OK?
    It has teflon tape in there. Going to pick up another fitting today in case that one is boogered up. A bleed fitting would be extremely useful. Wiring was easy peasy other than getting another set of wires through the firewall. My AFR gauge wiring and methanol injection wiring already goes through there. 10 pounds of wire in a 5 pound hole, LOL.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

It has teflon tape in there.
    Oh that’s not good, I hope I didn’t booger the threads on the stainless 45s. It is difficult clocking pipe fittings, getting them tight and facing direction you want. I have pipe taps here to chase threads but they are to expensive, use lots of good tape. Some of the tape you see at Home Depot like places is so thin. Sorry for the PITA.

FACEBOOK 727 656 1422

Post Thanks / Like

Millrose 70885 on Amazon... Incredible stuff if you need ptfe tape for anything.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

5. Thanks TrekGTO thanked for this post
    Likes TrekGTO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Millrose 70885 on Amazon... Incredible stuff
    That is what I use, I have a life long Plumber friend and shared his shop for 2 yrs. I picked up a lot of tips and tools during that time. The blue stuff is the good shit. I never looked on Amazon, now I'm mad I just ordered hose fittings from Amazon I could not find anywhere else.

FACEBOOK 727 656 1422

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, order it from Dairy Queen ....as long as it works!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have the Millrose on order from Amazon, but won't get here until tomorrow. I did find a similar product called Megatape at Lowes and will try that tonight.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

The Millrose is just a heavy duty Teflon tape for professionals.

FACEBOOK 727 656 1422

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I think the Megatape did the trick. So far so good anyway. I will check for drips in the morning but so far nothing. The picture is the temperature of my water tank after running a few minutes. After I shut off the engine the supercharger case was cool to the touch the rest of the engine obviously was not

If the leaks are still gone in the morning I will put the nose back on it in the morning and head for Valdosta on Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

11. Likes -Ray-, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I think the Megatape did the trick. So far so good anyway. I will check for drips in the morning but so far nothing. The picture is the temperature of my water tank after running a few minutes. After I shut off the engine the supercharger case was cool to the touch the rest of the engine obviously was not

If the leaks are still gone in the morning I will put the nose back on it in the morning and head for Valdosta on Friday.
    Daymn Son you did good! I guarantee you will have the coldest bumper there! People will be sitting on your bumper just to cool there ass. You have HPT to data log at the track?

You know what all that cold heavy aluminum is like a heat sink the aluminum will help to carry the heat load also.
    Last edited by TrekGTO; 03-23-2017 at 05:21 AM.

FACEBOOK 727 656 1422