Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica
    Didn’t know about a delay I ran into Sunday, the G8 has no compressor clutch, we use the clutch relay to trigger the relay on our system. I will have to find another source for AC on/off.

The newest C6 I have done an install on was 2011 and 2013 for Camaro; they both had a compressor clutch and relay. The 09 G8 had a plastic compressor pulley with no clutch or relay. G8 compressor has wires coming out of housing that are computer controlled. I need a 12V signal that turns on/off with AC. You can look and see if the pulley is plastic and no clutch, if other models have a clutch we can use existing wiring on them.

The first G8 kit is going to AU probably without the wiring, I will send wiring once I have a solution. I just found out Sunday about the no clutch setup so it will take a couple weeks to get wiring setup.

Post Thanks / Like

I designed the first Super Chiller in 09 on my M112 GTO. We have been working on it since then. Getting the first cars to volunteer was a big delay then getting CNC parts made. The Camaro kit started selling 1.5ys ago with great success. Think how well your car runs when it’s cold out. Super chiller takes about 50deg off water temp that is usually around 30deg off IATs. This will eliminate heat soak, on back to back Dyno pulls on a 600hp Camaro 30hp was lost from first pull to 3rd pull. With the Super Chiller on there was 0 loss 1st pull to 3rd pull. My GTO gave same results. Many improvements over the past 3yrs one of the best is 100% O-Ring connections on Freon side with custom fittings you see in above picture. Custom AN fittings into Chiller are O-Ring sealed not pipe thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
    Jessica
    Didn’t know about a delay I ran into Sunday, the G8 has no compressor clutch, we use the clutch relay to trigger the relay on our system. I will have to find another source for AC on/off.

The newest C6 I have done an install on was 2011 and 2013 for Camaro; they both had a compressor clutch and relay. The 09 G8 had a plastic compressor pulley with no clutch or relay. G8 compressor has wires coming out of housing that are computer controlled. I need a 12V signal that turns on/off with AC. You can look and see if the pulley is plastic and no clutch, if other models have a clutch we can use existing wiring on them.

The first G8 kit is going to AU probably without the wiring, I will send wiring once I have a solution. I just found out Sunday about the no clutch setup so it will take a couple weeks to get wiring setup.
    So the street version will work just fine without the extra wiring?
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hartigan85 View Post
    So the street version will work just fine without the extra wiring?
    Good question, and I'd like to piggy-back on it. What happens with the street version of the chiller when you turn the a/c off (as in the winter)? Does the chiller keep chilling and only the cabin air doesn't, or does turning the a/c off kill everything? Whatever the answer is, would it change once you get the extra wiring sorted out?

09 G8 GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, ZL1 pump, tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning, GForce axles, Hurst line-lock
    CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
    2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 12.71 @ 111.4mph (~1500 ft DA and likely a slipping clutch)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
    Jessica

Well, when you go WOT on the G8 it shuts off AC if you had it on. Not quite sure what this would mean to you..
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Well, when you go WOT on the G8 it shuts off AC if you had it on. Not quite sure what this would mean to you..
    It's fine...figure how long would one be wot for... 10 seconds?
    Or are we talking mile runs? How long it's one of those?

sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a Quote from the first G8 finished Sunday returning to TX.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcad3 View Post
    Car ran flawlessly going home. Averaged 20.1 going to Florida at an average speed of about 74mph., NO A/C! Almost the same going back at 19.9 but running faster and with A/C part of this time.
    Outside air temp was usually around 75 and Chiller coolant ran about 9 degrees warmer. THIS WAS WITHOUT A/C ON! When I turned the defroster on, (Compressor comes on with this) Chiller temp went down about 30 degrees in less than a minute.
    Please keep in mind that this is only a partially functioning system and that the heat exchanger incorporated with the Maggie install was not being isolated yet.
    I know when these are finished and separated completely, I'll be seeing high 20's for my chilled water supply. I know because I have seen this on the unit I helped install in Texas. I also saw the quickest 65-145mph pull I've EVER seen in this car on the way home!!
    Sorry for the long post but the info is "IT DEFINITELY WORKS!!"
    Thank You Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a shot of the first SS I did 1.5yr ago, still going strong!

As well as a Video of same car

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    My XLR V is still going strong with 2 Land Speed Records to my credit. I just found out last month that my "magic number" was 122* IAT2 and the chiller keeps it under 120* for my full LSR run. So that 5* of timing I was losing above 122* went away!

Thanks Dave, OBTW, the Team Elwood logo has changed again:
    Snake Bit Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550
    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"
    ECTA Land Speed Racing Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWeapon
    I saw the XLR V at the Texas Mile a few weeks ago and when he was done with his run the blower lid was so cold it had condensation on it. He was running the kit made by TREKGTO.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGTO
    These are XLR V, C6 and ZR1 connections,

Below picture of return line on Camaro.

Typical Super Chiller for Camaro

Below kit for Camaro for example.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 12-06-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

Is there a list of shops that can install this in SoCal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...