Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Not a TSB, water pouring in the rear door

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a TSB, water pouring in the rear door

I finally found where my door is leaking. Did the silicone fill up top,, then at the lower chrome windoow trim where the weatherstrip seals,, or didn't seal,, but water was still pouring in the door. Finally put the hose on just the window seal and it's leaking or pouring in where the lower window seal meets,,, or doesn't meet the rubber at the corners. Also around the pillar trim on the door. I swear I'm about ready to sell this thing. I want to put a nice set of speakers in the doors,, but it would be a waste the way the water is pouring in. I'm not sure how I can fix this unless they started making the rubber molding a little longer.

Does anyone else have a gap like this at their rear windows?
    P1010047.JPG

Holding a light in the rear door,, it is easy to see how large a gap there is at the outer pillar molding.
    P1010046.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a set of foam baffles off Amazon and cut the ends off. This will keep the water off of your speakers.

Angel
    2009 Silver G8 GT, Rotofab CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, CMS Tune, Ruff Racing 928's, 345 RWHP 361 FTLBS TQ.

2002 Black on Black Firehawk, LME 402, D1Sc and all the bolt ons the law will allow.

Deceased: 99 Red TA A4.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got similar gaps in mine. Though, I do figure water in the door is more or less impossible to stop.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't the speakers protected by a cone thingy ? and would they not work for your new speakers. Oh and I have the same gap but no leaks, fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take it to the Dealership. And while there may not be a TSB on this particular leak, there were others.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

There really is'nt a way to keep the water from entering the door, there are little holes at the bottom of the door to drain it. If you have water on your floor board then you might want to pull the door panel and reglue the moisture barrier behind the door panel itself. I would think even if you were able to get longer window seals you would still have a little bit of water getting in.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it was a problem on the camaros. There was a new rubber fix for they doors and they installed it for no charge.
    May want to look into it for our car
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft