Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: i blew a head gasket

Post Thanks / Like

Default i blew a head gasket

last week noticed antifreeze leaking but couldnt tell where. brought it to dealer and just got a call saying i blew my driver side head gasket. iv never heard of people having this problem on a stock motor. i only have 45k miles on the car. thank god for the warranty still
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph

Post Thanks / Like

It happens. As you said, that's why they warranty it. Just pray they don't screw up while they are in it. Might be a good point to ask about removing the DOD and replacing the cam.

Sent from my iPad2 using magic and alchemy.
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they would do that sice they only take one head off but I will ask
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm surprised with headers and tune that they didn't tell you to pound sand.

09 G8 GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, ZL1 pump, tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning, GForce axles, Hurst line-lock
    CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
    2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 12.71 @ 111.4mph (~1500 ft DA and likely a slipping clutch)

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygr8gt View Post
    last week noticed antifreeze leaking but couldnt tell where. brought it to dealer and just got a call saying i blew my driver side head gasket. iv never heard of people having this problem on a stock motor. i only have 45k miles on the car. thank god for the warranty still
    Joeygr8gt,

Glad to hear you have warranty covering your concern! If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Post Thanks / Like

im shocked that they did the work with the headers and exhaust... some dealerships are cool like that

Post Thanks / Like

How did the work go? No issues?
    Last edited by I12XLR8; 12-12-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: clarifying question
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'