Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brembo's Installed...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    Yeti do you take your car to the track at all? I would be curious how a setup like this performs over a few hot laps.
    I haven't yet. Just auto X. I've been dying to get out there and I'm hoping november I will get a chance. My car won't pass the decible requirements at Laguna Seca, but I'm working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Yup, Mike's the guy who did mine. He's darn good at what he does.
    I like the bright silver with the V logo behind my dark wheels. If I was to change them I would have went with a bright burnt orange color...
    Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C TB, LSA, Ported Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
    OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&R springs, Koni Shocks
    BP catch can, BMR Bushings/suspension/chassis
    V Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27s Gears

Bolt ons Street tires
    12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
    12.16@114.21 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
    11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
    11.48@124 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    I haven't yet. Just auto X. I've been dying to get out there and I'm hoping november I will get a chance. My car won't pass the decible requirements at Laguna Seca, but I'm working on that.
    Yup, you've definitely got to try a real track event. In an auto-cross, our cars will be owned by the nimble Miatas and WRX's that hit those events because you can't really stretch the car's legs. But on a real track, with long straightaways and more sweeping curves? Then the G8 starts to come into its own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    I like the bright silver with the V logo behind my dark wheels. If I was to change them I would have went with a bright burnt orange color...
    Which he could definitely do, plus custom logos. Send him an image and he can put it on the caliper.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Yup, you've definitely got to try a real track event. In an auto-cross, our cars will be owned by the nimble Miatas and WRX's that hit those events because you can't really stretch the car's legs. But on a real track, with long straightaways and more sweeping curves? Then the G8 starts to come into its own.

Which he could definitely do, plus custom logos. Send him an image and he can put it on the caliper.
    In auto-x the driver is a huge factor on such small courses where you have to be really technical. I've owned a few STI's and Evo's with poor drivers. Obviously though with the right driver in those cars we don't stand as much of a chance...
    Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C TB, LSA, Ported Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
    OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&R springs, Koni Shocks
    BP catch can, BMR Bushings/suspension/chassis
    V Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27s Gears

Bolt ons Street tires
    12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
    12.16@114.21 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
    11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
    11.48@124 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft

Post Thanks / Like

Help Help Help. I am trying to do this exact same upgrade to my G8 GT. When i went to purchase my parts i was asked if the calipers were rear mounted or front mounted. Please any help / direction would be greatly appreciated. Also can i keep my stock 19 inch wheels and just add spacers to clear the calipers? i do not have GXP wheels. Please help. My Email is willsanchez73@gmail.com Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Have everything except the calipers... They won't be here until Tuesday

DBA 4000 series 6x6 rotors, Hawk pads, Squash bracket, hardware kits, Eibachs, Whiteline poly strut mounts...

'09 PSM G8 GT w/ Premium & Sport packages.
    Go: Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, catless mids, Corsa, VCM OTRCAI, Rick Crawford's magic intake and ported TB. 12.64 @ 113.5mph, 1.99 60', -70' DA.
    Whoa!: CTS-V/ Camaro 4-piston Brembos, Hawk pads, DBA rotors.
    Show: 4300K HIDs, LED fogs, VG Sharkfin, GXP diffuser, 10% tint, debadged, Eibach drop springs, CTS-V wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tazmanaic View Post
    Help Help Help. I am trying to do this exact same upgrade to my G8 GT. When i went to purchase my parts i was asked if the calipers were rear mounted or front mounted. Please any help / direction would be greatly appreciated. Also can i keep my stock 19 inch wheels and just add spacers to clear the calipers? i do not have GXP wheels. Please help. My Email is willsanchez73@gmail.com Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Use the part numbers listed on the first page for the calipers, and you should be able to get away with the stock wheels with spacers and possibly longer studs.
    '09 PSM G8 GT w/ Premium & Sport packages.
    Go: Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, catless mids, Corsa, VCM OTRCAI, Rick Crawford's magic intake and ported TB. 12.64 @ 113.5mph, 1.99 60', -70' DA.
    Whoa!: CTS-V/ Camaro 4-piston Brembos, Hawk pads, DBA rotors.
    Show: 4300K HIDs, LED fogs, VG Sharkfin, GXP diffuser, 10% tint, debadged, Eibach drop springs, CTS-V wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brembo

Quote Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver View Post
    Use the part numbers listed on the first page for the calipers, and you should be able to get away with the stock wheels with spacers and possibly longer studs.
    Hello again first thank you for a prompt response. Next i am not good at navigating this forum, i cannot find the part numbers you are talking about. Can you please at your leisure e mail me a list of those part numbers? I need the whole setup brackets , calipers pads and all. Or any info that can point me in the right direction. My e-mail is willsanchez73@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

When you did the install did you place the larger piston at the top or bottom. Or does it not matter?

I know I revived an old thread!

I think the reason I'm confused is I read something about having to switch the hard line and bleeders.
    Last edited by 20G8GT09; 12-23-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind I found it but for those wanting to know it appears to be setup as follows: larger piston is the trailing piston. Keep the part number of the ctsv to the same side as the G8 (which may require flipping the hard line with the bleeder side. Bleeders face up.

Post Thanks / Like

You threw me for a loop there for a minute as my own brain just about quit on me. The memory must be the first thing to go.

But yeah, from a Brembo FAQ:

"Brembo's calipers are directional, due to the use of sequential piston sizes. The leading pistons are smaller in diameter in order to combat uneven wear of the brake pads. Upon close examination of the caliper, you will find a small arrow cast in place which denotes the direction of disc rotation. Additionally, when mounted on the vehicle, the bleed screw(s) must be at the top of the caliper"
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke