Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun at VIR, Yellow Group, Sept 8, 2012

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun at VIR, Yellow Group, Sept 8, 2012

Had a fun day at VIR yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxEH_EeXYI
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Very awesome.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord the blower sounds awesome...I have almost the same exact suspension mods as you plus a little more and my car just seems like it still has so much body roll, feels like a leap of faith when you go into a big sweeping turn or switch backs. Idk if thats just because Im used to racing a 3,000 lb car or if thats just the nature of the beast with the g8? Seems it takes a second to 'setup' going into a turn...at first I thought it was having a progressive spring but when I had coilovers I still felt it, just a little bit less.

Ok just got further into the video...you got waved on by a 3 series and a gtr, was that a boss? The orange-ish one at 16:35?...thats my dream lol.
    Last edited by 2StepsAhead; 09-09-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Doug! That was a great video. That is a really nice track as well!!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous!

But why are Beatles and Miatas mixed in with high powered cars? I know its not a race but the power difference obviously results in slow and fast cars on the track at the same time. I guess it does offer some training in over-taking and passing safely.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank's all! It was great fun; my instructor, who is a BMW guy is now thinking about getting a Pontiac! 2StepsAhead, I couldn't give any input here as this is the first car I've tracked but it definitely does feel heaving in the turns. I ran slicks yesterday and they made a huge difference but I've still got a lot to learn in pushing the car to the limits in the turns. I think that was the Boss. The run groups are determined by experience rather than horsepower but yeah, it's a little interesting to overtake much slower cars; you've got to have your eyes up for sure!
    Last edited by Doug Hilliard; 09-09-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

cool video. how long is the track? What were your lap times?
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

That looked like fun. Like stated before, your engine sounded awesome with the blower whine.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    cool video. how long is the track? What were your lap times?
    Thanks. The track is 3.2 miles; my best lap time was 2:29. It 's hard to compare this though with anything as there's always traffic to contend with.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hilliard View Post
    Thank's all! It was great fun; my instructor, who is a BMW guy is now thinking about getting a Pontiac! 2StepsAhead, I couldn't give any input here as this is the first car I've tracked but it definitely does feel heaving in the turns. I ran slicks yesterday and they made a huge difference but I've still got a lot to learn in pushing the car to the limits in the turns. I think that was the Boss. The run groups are determined by experience rather than horsepower but yeah, it's a little interesting to overtake much slower cars; you've got to have your eyes up for sure!
    That's awesome, he could've bought mine, but as of right now it looks like she is sold.

Always nice to convert them pesky BMW guys to a Pontiac.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT