Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun at VIR, Yellow Group, Sept 8, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

That looked like it was a blast. Most likely I will be going there Oct 13 with some GTO guys. Looking forward to it.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice Doug, way to keep them Fords in there place! Glad to see the car survived another hard run at VIR!
    https://www.facebook.com/RickCrawfordRacing
    2009 G8 GT-Rick Crawford- LS-4-SPEED@nc.rr.com

2.00 60ft 13.06 @ 106.65 w/ 1.85 SLP Rocker-HPTuner
    1.97 60ft 12.97 @ 107.9 w/ 3.45 gears
    1.97 60ft 12.87 @ 107.7 w/ 4"-2.5" exhaust
    1.94 60ft 12.57 @ 111.9 w/ 217/225 Lunati cam
    2.03 60ft 12.37 @ 115.3 w/ Doug Thorley headers
    1.94 60ft 12.20 @ 115.0 w/ 219/233 Thumpr Cam
    1.70 60ft 11.38 @ 121.5 w/ 100hp NOS Dry shot-HSW controller & 285/40 NT05 Drag Radials on stock 18's
    1.72 60ft 11.65 @118.55 w/ 221/233 111LSA+0 Ported AirRam intake, Street tires. All Motor. DoD/AFM still functional.
    1.66 60ft 10.87 @ 127.08 w/ 221/233 lunati, 2800 stall, 100HP wet nitrous shot, milled & ported LS3's.
    1.65 60ft 10.81 @ 129.10 150Hp shot 2600 stall.
    1.53 60ft 10.59 @ 129.72 ALL MOTOR! ! ! ! Fastest N/A G8 Record Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Doug! Your lines through the corners look good! And that blower whine, good grief...

Caught the comment about the black flag in the video. For a second I thought maybe you'd been black-flagged for a bit of hooliganism.

For everyone else, black flag held out solid is a caution/obstacle flag notifying drivers to watch out for an obstruction on the course. In this case it was a really slow driver. But if the flag is wrapped around the flag shaft and pointed at the driver, it's - as the club rep always calls it when I go - a "You know what you're doing, cut it out" flag.

Makes me want to get back up there. I really need to. It's already been 7 months since my last taste of speed.

Also, I want to hear from Brian (GXPaycheck)! How'd he like it?
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Nice, Doug! Your lines through the corners look good! And that blower whine, good grief...

Caught the comment about the black flag in the video. For a second I thought maybe you'd been black-flagged for a bit of hooliganism.

For everyone else, black flag held out solid is a caution/obstacle flag notifying drivers to watch out for an obstruction on the course. In this case it was a really slow driver. But if the flag is wrapped around the flag shaft and pointed at the driver, it's - as the club rep always calls it when I go - a "You know what you're doing, cut it out" flag.

Makes me want to get back up there. I really need to. It's already been 7 months since my last taste of speed.

Also, I want to hear from Brian (GXPaycheck)! How'd he like it?
    Good point, I forgot Brian was going, I wanna hear his impressions.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8-4-Speed View Post
    Very Nice Doug, way to keep them Fords in there place! Glad to see the car survived another hard run at VIR!
    Thanks Rick; I have to say thanks again for doing such an amazing job on adding power to my car. It's a great testimony to your skill that I can run it like that and beat the dog mess out of it and then drive it home and to church this morning! What a blast!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

My setup is doing great as well.

I'll track mine in the future.

Nice job rick
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post

Thanks Kevin! Actually it was a white flag and it was indicating the slow moving Nissan. I had a blast and learned a bunch from Mark (Performance Chassis); he's got a lot more to teach me for sure so I want to have him again as an instructor.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! I am beat! That was a blast. It was my first time (holiday laps don't count) and I was definitely the FNG in the group. You know you are bad when the golf cart passes you on the backstretch

Like Doug, The G8 is the first car I've tracked. She performed great! Well beyond my abilities. You can tell how heavy the car is when you start tossing it at the corners. But it just powers right on out. My instructor had me do the entire track in 4th gear so I could concentrate on learning the line, and the car just powered through the course without issue. The torque is amazing!
    Day one leaves you wondering what the heck you are doing there, but it comes together on day two. Comfort and confidence levels really pick up.
    Watching the other groups there is awesome! Watching Doug scream down the front stretch into turn one was cool! The car looks like it belongs on the track.
    My instructor, Anne, drives an awesome Corvette race car. Going for a ride in it was an experience to say the least.
    I might have to get a cheap Miata and use it for a learning car.
    I did manage to make a couple passes on my last run!

RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Like Doug, The G8 is the first car I've tracked. She performed great! Well beyond my abilities. You can tell how heavy the car is when you start tossing it at the corners. But it just powers right on out. My instructor had me do the entire track in 4th gear so I could concentrate on learning the line, and the car just powered through the course without issue. The torque is amazing!
    Day one leaves you wondering what the heck you are doing there, but it comes together on day two. Comfort and confidence levels really pick up.
    The G8 was for me also the first car I've tracked. It really does handle it well. You'll definitely feel the lean in the corners if you haven't upgraded your sway bars. The torque really is something, though. My instructor also had me keep it in 4th my first weekend out. It was just too much to shift and keep track of my corners at the same time on my first weekend out. And yeah, the second day out feels MUCH better. Of course, it's also amazing how tired you are by the end of the second day. But glad you enjoyed it!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Whew! I am beat! That was a blast. It was my first time (holiday laps don't count) and I was definitely the FNG in the group. You know you are bad when the golf cart passes you on the backstretch

Watching the other groups there is awesome! Watching Doug scream down the front stretch into turn one was cool! The car looks like it belongs on the track.
    My instructor, Anne, drives an awesome Corvette race car. Going for a ride in it was an experience to say the least.
    I might have to get a cheap Miata and use it for a learning car.
    I did manage to make a couple passes on my last run!
    Glad you came and had a good time Brian! It was nice to have another G8 there to represent! Your experience was very much like mine first time out. My instructor had me put it in auto so I could focus on learning instead of shifting in manual mode the first time out. I drove it in Sport mode for the first two events and maybe three!