Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baer brakes fitting 6 piston calipers as we speak to G8

Post Thanks / Like

Anyhoo- to get this back on track.

Any chance in hell of these babies fitting on the 18" stock wheels?
    My Long term goal is to run 20's in the summer but keep my stock 18's for winter driving so that's why
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Anyhoo- to get this back on track.

Any chance in hell of these babies fitting on the 18" stock wheels?
    My Long term goal is to run 20's in the summer but keep my stock 18's for winter driving so that's why
    I believe they will fit the 19s. Not sure about the 18s

mike
    dms

Post Thanks / Like

I thonk the prices will be in the $1895 per axle. that is seriously lower than the offshore unit that is available.

If you are going to road race, do not get the rotors drilled. just slotted and plated

mike
    dms

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed you mentioned that before - why is drilled worse? less braking surface? Any pics of said system yet on mike's g8?
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed you mentioned that before - why is drilled worse? less braking surface? Any pics of said system yet on mike's g8?
    The only time I think that drilled rotors are OK is if they are actually cast into the rotors. Drilling them, can concentrate the heat so much, that under the realllllly severe usage such as a 25-30 lap roadrace run, can heat the rotors up so fast, that the venting cannot eliminate the heat fast enough,a dn service cracking can concentrate at the drilled holes.
    Now the vehicles yo see road racing with drilled rotors, were actually had the holes cast in them when made

mike
    dms

Post Thanks / Like

Will you be selling these break kits directly? or through pedder dealers, or where can we get these babies when they're done
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    will you be selling these break kits directly? Or through pedder dealers, or where can we get these babies when they're done
    some of our dealers will be selling them. We will be testing them o the 2 pedders g8s

mike
    dms

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this?
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this?
    I believe the axle set will be 1895. I think Mike Haddad is picking up his G8 tomorrow. So I think they are done.

I just did some checking. As far as I can tell the brake stuff is all done. BAER is doing testing and they ae a few days behind. So they are not ready yet. Sorry

mike
    dms
    Last edited by dms; 08-29-2008 at 07:49 PM.