Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Custom Holden Center Caps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Holden Center Caps

There are a few people who have commented about getting Holden center caps for CTS-V wheels, and after going through different ideas, came up with this one. Got ahold of Crazy Paul about what are available down under, but nothing currently would fit our wheels. Getting custom ones made by a few places around my area was costly, so went this route. Bought some emblems from Crazy Paul, Deal 9 65mm flat lion heads, and a four pack of slightly used CTS-V centers from Ebay. The emblems are 1mm undersized, 65mm versus 66mm for Caddy cap, but you can barely tell once in the wheel. Started by cutting the top of the CTS-V cap off (pic 1), cleaned off all the left over adhesive tape (pic 2), and using red Scotch Brite, scuffed the top of the leg portion. With some adhesion promoter, gave each set of legs two coats of Rust-oleum Steel colored wheel paint (pic 3). Centered the Holden emblem by eye as best I could, and noticed that the top portion over the lion's head was a bit raised (pic 4). Stuck each one in a 300deg oven for 15min, then put in a ring that would support the cap on the outer lip, not on the legs since they were flexy from the heat, and put two 10lb weight lifting plates on top overnight to completely flatten out the lion. Pic 5 is what they look like in the wheel. All in all I think they turned out pretty good. Thanks to Crazy Paul for having all kinds of Holden parts to make these work!
    CaddyOrg.jpgCaddyCut.jpgPaintedLegs.jpgHoldenCap.jpgHoldenInWheel.jpg
    2009.1 PBM GT
    Performance:
    Baker Engineering Wrenched and Tuned, BMR, Roto-Fab, Magnaflow, Hankook, DBA, Hawk. Kooks, ATI
    Current Numbers: 399 RWHP, 377 RWTQ
    For Show: Crazy Paul parts, RedlineGoods Holden rear armrest, Maverick Man, Lockwood SS V8 gauge face, VG Shark Fin, Black Cat Custom Triple Gauge Faces, CTS-V's

Post Thanks / Like

JC you got those wheels looking GOOD! I went with a more silver and black approach using 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP center caps (from Greg@pace) as a base and 19" Holden wheel centres from CP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    REST IN PEACE CHARLIE......you left us too fast.......Nov. 14, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Both of those look really good. I may do something like this in the future. The Holden 3d domed decals I've been playing with don't seem to hold up to the elements very well.
    2008 IOM G8 GT
    GO: Vararam CAI, PM-FL axleback, Doug Thorley Tri-Ys, dyno tune (366HP/372TQ), IAT Relocation Kit, Childseat Mod
    SHOW: 5900 HIDs, IOM painted calipers, tint, SLP firehawk wheels

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for reviving an old thread, i made custom caps, an might offer them at a decent price. IMG_7734.JPGIMG_7732.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrip8919 View Post
    sorry for reviving an old thread, i made custom caps, an might offer them at a decent price. IMG_7734.JPGIMG_7732.JPG
    Have you tried Facebook?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.