Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPMS Fault Code '09GT

Post Thanks / Like

Default TPMS Fault Code '09GT

Anyone familiar with message "TPMS SYSTEM FAULT ".Just showed up this morning for the first time on DIC. Of course I'm 45days over the warranty!
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I had to put fix a flat in 1 of my tires and eventually got that message. The TPMS sensor had been ruined by the fix a flat so had to replace. Im guessing that you're dealing with a bad sensor and will need to replace.
    2008 IOM G8 GT
    GO: Vararam CAI, PM-FL axleback, Doug Thorley Tri-Ys, dyno tune (366HP/372TQ), IAT Relocation Kit, Childseat Mod
    SHOW: 5900 HIDs, IOM painted calipers, tint, SLP firehawk wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Check to see if any of the tires show the pressure. You can find the procedure for calibrating the pressure in your owners manual, plus it is posted on the forum.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

first guess is likely a TPMS sensor. Mine did this today and the error stay displayed for a while but finally went away. I couldn't see the tire pressure without going in engineering mode. To find it you can turn the key off, hold the enter key on the wheel, and turn the key back on. scroll down to tire pressure and check the values. mine showed 148 38 38 38. If the value is blank, or way off, that is most likely the one. So in this case my front driver sensor was giving the odd reading.
    Last edited by Skyman70; 06-15-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A quick thanks for the above replies. Took the car to the dealership this AM and they tell me that this fault code would not appear by rotating tire. WRONG.
    They also tell me that a replacement sensor is $189 plus labor to re-program. They didn't even have masks on! Took the car home and followed directions in the manual to re-program and it worked fine. Another stealership story. Should know better by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump..may even someone can give me insight.
    09 g8 gt. Has 53000 miles on it and replaced the tires for the first time, this was three weeks ago. Day after taking it in the right rear sensor kicked on and was getting the low tire even though the tire wasn't low. Took it to the tire place and they reset it and then it came back on before I even left. They replaced the right rear sensor and it worked for a day. Next morning I wake up and drive my normal 70 miles to work and about 50 miles in I get a complete tps fault system error, all tires show accurate readings though. I take it back and they say there is nothing they can do. I took it to the dealer and they charged me 28 dollars to relearn, not do the actual part where they walk around with the wand or do the reset in the manual. Next morning going drive in again same thing happens. While I'm at work the battery dies. I replace the battery and it stayed disconnected for about 30 minutes. Turn it on and and everything is clear for about a week. This evening on my way home full fault message again. The weather had been mid 70s since this has happened. What the hell is wrong with my wife's car?

Post Thanks / Like

So in "Engineering Mode" on the DIC, the tire pressures show normal readings? Nothing that shows something crazy like 130 PSI?

If all the tire pressures read OK, then it might be the Radio Control Door Lock Receiver module. If the dealer, didn't do the relearn as you had written above, then they may have tried to re-program the RCDLR with the Tech2 to sync with your TPMS, which didn't work. So it may be that your RCDLR is on the fritz.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed , rcdlr module.
    09 gt aka "Zeus"
    Vararam, Solo shorty exhaust, diablo tune(no longer)....... PAT G TUNE!! , GXP diffuser, eibach pros, fe3 shocks/struts

Post Thanks / Like

Just went through this last Sat. PS front was 148# in Engineering mode. I had an extra sensor and had it swapped out - no longer a problem. It was intermittent but was getting more frequent, hence the visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Your tpms sensors are on a set frequency, just like your key fob, its what we call "DORKING" out, but I won't stand by it due to the fact my tech hasn't confirmed your complaint.
    09 gt aka "Zeus"
    Vararam, Solo shorty exhaust, diablo tune(no longer)....... PAT G TUNE!! , GXP diffuser, eibach pros, fe3 shocks/struts