Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Air bag recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Air bag recall

So I finallygot to the dealer today for the recall on the airbag sensors. The light has been going on and off for about 4 weeks now. They did the service and it wasstill on so they got the code for it and said the passenger side isn't communicating with the system properly and that its not covered under warrenty or anything.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT pbm. Mods: ported heads, big cam, arh exhaust to stock mufflers, roto fab intake, Jeremy Formato stage 2 ported intake manifold and tb, slp udp, billitt prototypes catch can. Kaltech tune, circle d built transmission, circle d 3400 stall, camero 3.45's, bmr sub-frame connectors trailing arms toe rods tunnel brace, eibach springs, dba xs4000brakes, Russell braided brake lines. 450rwhp
    05 ford excursion 6.0pstd.... stock......................................... for now

Post Thanks / Like

Well the recall doesn't have anything to do with communication, or anything that would prompt a warning light. Sounds like you have a real issue.

Sadly, airbags are only covered under 36/36

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Same shit they told me its a communication error in the airbug module it's under warranty they fixed mine..they had to change some pieces I dont know which ones
    2008 G8 GT
    Birth-9-19-08
    Death-3-20-12-Accident

My Baby is Gone

Post Thanks / Like

Communication error or not, it's an airbag issue, right? I would think that's a major safety concern.
    Common sense on the dealer's part should say "fix it".
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a warranty anymore... 08 with 29000 miles.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT pbm. Mods: ported heads, big cam, arh exhaust to stock mufflers, roto fab intake, Jeremy Formato stage 2 ported intake manifold and tb, slp udp, billitt prototypes catch can. Kaltech tune, circle d built transmission, circle d 3400 stall, camero 3.45's, bmr sub-frame connectors trailing arms toe rods tunnel brace, eibach springs, dba xs4000brakes, Russell braided brake lines. 450rwhp
    05 ford excursion 6.0pstd.... stock......................................... for now

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else have issues with their airbag passenger light coming on - even intermittent? This started happening to me a couple months ago, but not very noticeable. The warning would come on when I would first start or turn off the car. It was only there for a second or so, and then would go away. The dealer supposedly fixed it when I was in last year based on the recall. Sometime in November. What a bunch of #$% crap. The 2nd recall didn't even get posted for the 2009 until Jan 6th, 2012 in Bulletin No. 11306A. This is for both 2008 and 2009 Pontiac G8 models.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Condition

General Motors has decided that all 2008-2009 model year Pontiac G8 vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208, Occupant Crash Protection. A 5th percentile female anthropomorphic test device (ATD) in a 30 mph frontal barrier test exceeded the Head Injury Criteria requirements of the Standard. With the front passenger seat positioned full forward, the seat position sensor will cause a 30 milliseconds deployment delay between the first and second stages of the dual-stage frontal passenger airbag. In the event of a crash severe enough to command deployment of the front passenger airbag, this delay may result in increased head injury to certain (5th percentile) front seat occupants.
    Correction

Dealers are to reprogram the Sensing and Diagnostic Module.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe the dealer I took this too is just full of it. The explanation I got was the "battery was low and causing a fault". When I went to pick the car up, the Service Manager said they had not pulled any faults on the vehicle at all...... I have an HP tuner that shows the fault....

Here's the phone number to call and talk with someone - 1-800-620-7668.

By the way, if you live in McKinney, TX - Don't expect any service from your McKinney Buick GMC dealer at 3950 S. Central Expwy.
    Telling someone it is a "low battery" when there are 2 recalls on the same issue - Recall 11V534000 - Air Bag Control Module Replacement - NHTSA11V534000 from 11/03/2011 and then Recall - Front Passenger Airbag Compliance - 11306A - 01/06/2012 is not only idiotic but leads me to believe the dealership is specifically avoiding the responsibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic2186 View Post
    Same shit they told me its a communication error in the airbug module it's under warranty they fixed mine..they had to change some pieces I dont know which ones
    This is what I had on the red one just last week. Took a day to fix and then got it back no issues, but that car is covered under the certified warranty I got when I bought it in June.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717