Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water leak causing rear floorboard carpet padding to get wet & mildew

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water leak causing rear floorboard carpet padding to get wet & mildew

Can someone refresh my memory as to what the bulletin for this could be? Having trouble finding it.
    After a day or two of rain the pad only on the drivers side back floorboard gets we and mildews and stinks up quick. Carpet itself is dry. Water is somehow getting just on the pad. Pic:

New (cheap monthly payment car, lol): '12 Candy Apple Red Mustang GT 5.0 6MT, stock for the time being

**SOLD **
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Pat G tune, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), G8-4-Speed ported & milled heads, "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Reckart 90mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Rotofab, Magnaflow CB, H & R springs, stock gears & stock stall, 11.865 @ 120.32 mph, 1.941 sec 60'

Post Thanks / Like

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=13535

This fixed mine, did it myself in about a half hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post

That's it, thank you!
    New (cheap monthly payment car, lol): '12 Candy Apple Red Mustang GT 5.0 6MT, stock for the time being

**SOLD **
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Pat G tune, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), G8-4-Speed ported & milled heads, "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Reckart 90mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Rotofab, Magnaflow CB, H & R springs, stock gears & stock stall, 11.865 @ 120.32 mph, 1.941 sec 60'

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the weather strip on the door fix but kept leaking, i then remembered my old BMW 325 had this same issue. It ended up being the moisture barrier behind the door panel was pealing off on the bottom. Took the door panel off and put some heat to it with a hair dryer to make the black adhesive sticky again then put some gorilla tape on the edge of the moisture barrier and the door. No problems since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09g8fan View Post
    I tried the weather strip on the door fix but kept leaking, i then remembered my old BMW 325 had this same issue. It ended up being the moisture barrier behind the door panel was pealing off on the bottom. Took the door panel off and put some heat to it with a hair dryer to make the black adhesive sticky again then put some gorilla tape on the edge of the moisture barrier and the door. No problems since.

Nice first post!

Welcome to the forum.

2008 MGM G8 GT - #615 of 888 - Premium/Sport - 12.6 @ 111 on stock tires

SHOW - Chromed Stock 19" Wheels - Color Matched Splash Guards - Debadged - G8 Tail Lights - GXP Diffuser - Painted Calipers - Red S/S Engine Bolt Kit - Under Hood Lights - too much Zaino
    GO - ARH Long Tube Headers / Midpipes - Billet Catch Can - BMR Front / Rear Swaybars - Camaro 3.45 diff - Custom non-DOD Cam and Valvetrain - Homegrown PCM / TCM Tuning - K&N Filter - Pedders 'Fruit' Suspension - Red Yella Terra Intake - Stealth Airbox
    ALSO - DashHawk 5.1 - Full Slide Passenger Seat - Infinity / Kicker / MTX Audio - LED Interior /Glovebox / Console Lights - Rear Remote Trunk Release

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DavesG8GT View Post
    That's it, thank you!
    Glad to be of service... still
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomPierce View Post
    Nice first post!

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you Tom, i hope my fix works for a few people.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, me performing PIC5283 myself didn't fix the problem either. Ugh. After a few days of heavy rain, the stink is back and I know it's in the exact same spot. There was a thread I saw about taking off the door panel and sealing something up, but now I can't find that thread. I am taking it to the dealer this time and letting them fix it. Tired of trying to do it myself when its still under warranty. They can do it this time. I'd probably break off a door panel clip trying it myself.

If anyone happens to know a link to that thread I'd appreciate it. I'll keep searching.

**SOLD **

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I found the thread. It was on the "other" board.

**SOLD **

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavesG8GT View Post
    Nevermind, I found the thread. It was on the "other" board.
    Got Link?
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020