• Hi-Flow cats

16 22.54%
  • Long Tubes

42 59.15%
  • Electronic cut-outs

1 1.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: How will you modify your exhaust?

Post Thanks / Like

SF Axle-Backs & H-Pipe for now
    DYing for some ARH's.. gonna try'm with the SF Axle-Backs

Post Thanks / Like

My ideal? ARH 1-7/8" LT headers with high-flow cats, plus Magnaflow Axelbacks. Oh, and this would require a tune, and an intake, and an HSRK, and a uh...

Can I just mortgage my soul?
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Corsa Exhaust installed today at Hennessey Performance.

They sound so good.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know what to expect with the 16887 magnaflow exhaust?How bad is the drone?Will the stock axle backs bolt up to it if I decide it is to annoying?I am already committed to the magnaflow so changing to corsa is not a option.Thanks for any feedback.....

Post Thanks / Like

So this guy in a G8 GT shows up at my work yesturday with a pretty nice sounding exhaust. I ask him what exhaust system he has and he said its STOCK! What he did is leave the stock rear mufflers in place and cut out the middle chamber, wleding in an X pipe in its place. The middle box in the stock exhaust is some sort of resonator. Sounds pretty sweet for only spending $75 at a muffler shop. Has anyone else heard of this? I want to do it to mine!

Post Thanks / Like

I love modifying the Cat back. For me it is advisable to mod it for a newer one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBikeXXX View Post
    So this guy in a G8 GT shows up at my work yesturday with a pretty nice sounding exhaust. I ask him what exhaust system he has and he said its STOCK! What he did is leave the stock rear mufflers in place and cut out the middle chamber, wleding in an X pipe in its place. The middle box in the stock exhaust is some sort of resonator. Sounds pretty sweet for only spending $75 at a muffler shop. Has anyone else heard of this? I want to do it to mine!
    That's know as the "mid-muffler". It's an exhaust mixing center muffler, after that are two resonators. Generally when you buy an X-pipe for the G8 you replace both.

The Mid-Muffler, if memory serves, has a perforated X-pipe going through it, obviously there's some packing material in there as well. Others may correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

big resanator cut out and xpiped 2 small ones straight piped and gxp axle backs with stock manifolds and cats for now, will see how the gf likes how that sounds.
    unless i can find a smoking deal on 1-7/8 kooks and cat or catless mid pipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Solo Mach Unbalanced catback installed. Sound clip here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqVcV4kpFDM
    IMG_0711.jpg
    2008 G8 GT. Ignition Orange Metallic.
    SHOW: 6000K DDM HID's, 6000K LED Fogs, Interior LEDs, Video In Park from Speedisking, IOM Shark Fin, GXP Diffuser, 15% Tint, 15% tint front/rear reflectors.
    GO: Solo Mach Unbalanced Catback
    Mods coming soon: Roto-Fab Carbon Fiber CAI, EFI Live Tune by Wait4MePerformance, Kooks Mids w/ HFC

Post Thanks / Like

The best, cheapest mod you can do to an L76 / L77 exhaust is to replace it with an HSV try-y header: The benefit from D-Shaped exhaust port transition to round is managed entirely by the L92 head, the crappy port match of the stock manifold restricts flow in a big way:
    L77 headers1.jpg
    Is better seen close up:
    Blow.jpg
    Apart from the obvious restriction of size mismatch, the main flow area when scavenging works is severely blocked with clumsy porting:
    flowing.jpg
    With HSV headers there is no restriction and exhaust gas scavenging effect of the tuned length header tubes:
    comparo.jpg
    work to maximum effect:
    HSVhead.jpg
    So the HSV headers and hi-flow cats cost AUD$100 second hand, modify the connecting pipe from flange to cat to 2.5" connecting:
    P3100879 mod.jpg
    and it doesn't matter which brand 2.5" catback you get - that's all personal taste bullshit (read exhaust engineering theory 101 on silencers and back pressure).
    BOTTOM LINE: I have L77 A6 SSV Wagon Mainline 253rwkw before headers, paid $350 all up HSV headers fitted and would've gladly paid $4k for the performance and no-drone sound improvement.
    Raced my friend with Porsche GT3 over various stretches of the Monaro Highway NSW Snowy Mountains and German joke couldn't keep up WOT accel and torque shootout up them snowy hills (don't rate dyno's and 400m times *real world*).