• Hi-Flow cats

16 22.54%
  • Long Tubes

42 59.15%
  • Electronic cut-outs

1 1.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How will you modify your exhaust?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me to

Quote Originally Posted by Rick08G8GT View Post
    I'm leaning towards a full Kooks setup. I'd like to get someone's opinion on it once they get it and see if there is too much drone when cruising. Didn't sound too bad in their video.
    Would also love to hear from someone who has a full Kooks setup. I agree the video sounded good but wondering about sound at cruising speeds.

Still stock except 20x8.5 front and 20x10 in the rear.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me the drone and twang are unacceptable. Rumble and loud, fine, I can deal with that. Sitting in my car thinking I'm in the dentists chair......No!
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default removal

Any one just remove mufflers? looking to see if it becomes too loud.

Post Thanks / Like

to be honest, I have no idea. I know I want to do something to the exhaust, but Im a newb when it comes down to it.

I dont want that "drone" some people are talking about, but I do want the aggressive sounding car. Im assuming the electronic is the best of both worlds, but probably the most expensive.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MagnaFlow cat back if you are not going to do headers. ARH and stock muffs if you are.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can have both... Great rumble and ZERO drone. You're going to have some no matter what you do.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

well then; whats the cheapest, best sounding option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    well then; whats the cheapest, best sounding option?
    Magnaflow... Also one of the only right now... lol

Cheapest would be to buy some muffs and have a shop weld them on but I wanted a bit more performance so I went the way of a full 2.5" system.

I may get some MF high flow cats when they start selling them.

Cheers,
    Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    I don't think you can have both... Great rumble and ZERO drone. You're going to have some no matter what you do.
    they said the same thing about the LS1 Camaro. My Magnaflow fixed both, the drone, and a nice rumble.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spend my money right the last time please.

Should have waited to see what everyone else did.

Jumped the gun and slapped on the first thing that was louder. Now I can't install the long tubes.

So, if you were going to do it right..best bang for the buck i guess. What would you do from the block to the back? Keeping the cat's for MD emmissions reasons.

Lay it on me.
    08' GT
    Magnetic Gray-Premium Pkg and sunroof
    20% tint all around
    Magnaflow cat back system-Rotofab CAI
    Vector stealth tuned