• Hi-Flow cats

16 22.54%
  • Long Tubes

42 59.15%
  • Electronic cut-outs

1 1.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: How will you modify your exhaust?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to add headers, middle muffler and Borla in the rear, my concern is drone. Will my desired configuration eliminate drone, I can spend upwards of $2k on the setup but would like to spend less than 1.5K, comments suggestions??

Post Thanks / Like

Have access to a borla catback system. I have stock exhaust. Want to increase the exhaust note by about 20-30% over stock. Would just taking the axleback portion of the borla give me what im looking for?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Corsa cat back for now

Post Thanks / Like

Default How will you modify your exhaust?

Americans are off the dial when it comes to straight out noisy, droney, exhausts... that Kooks G8 promo video is hilarious, fair dinkum!
    When you're in the saddle 1000 miles a week you get picky about the note... the exhaust note that is.. and the one Mr Enforcer :cops: hands out for being too loud. Think about it, this is a video of my legal pipes in Oz - too soft?

youtube_share video

The total exhaust mods cost less than $1000 and allow the SSV / G8 to breathe properly without the drone... of the Domestic Authority :bop:
    Compression is King. Race-built VVT brawler hauler with Stingray tune.

Supernaturally as-pirated, all-alcohol, all-motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad, like you said 1000 miles a week you better have a proper exhaust hahaha
    I just like loud and reckless but the cops don't. I used to get loud exhaust (malfunctioning) tickets all the time in my cobalt, probably gonna start again when I get my mbs midpipe on
    08 G8 GT 320/ 360 mustang dyno vararam intake and muffler deletes Tuned by PhatBotti
    07 cobalt SS /SC 281/258 dynojet. 3in intake custum 2.7 pulley custum full exhaust Tuned by PhatBotti

Post Thanks / Like

1.75 LT's, 3"x, 2.5" mids, and straight out the back with dual 3.5" ss tips no cats no resignators no mufflers loud obnoxious and free flowing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
    Americans are off the dial when it comes to straight out noisy, droney, exhausts... that Kooks G8 promo video is hilarious, fair dinkum!
    When you're in the saddle 1000 miles a week you get picky about the note... the exhaust note that is.. and the one Mr Enforcer :cops: hands out for being too loud. Think about it, this is a video of my legal pipes in Oz - too soft?

youtube_share video

The total exhaust mods cost less than $1000 and allow the SSV / G8 to breathe properly without the drone... of the Domestic Authority :bop:
    I think it's fair to say that each owner has to find an exhaust that they can live with. I've had 4 setups, each very different. Each might be fine for a different person. The straight pipes were great for the track and occasional street abuse, but not everyday for me. The modded stock cans were fine for everyday and did not drone at all, but not enough startup noise. The 3" turbo setup is nice and deep at low throttle positions and a little too tame at WOT.
    This is with Kooks LT's, and catted X.
    You can see that it is very difficult finding the exact setup. The "perforated tube" setups seem to flow the best, and the offset ones tend to have the best note for most (straight through ones pop and burble alot more). Add drone pipes, and for 350 or so, you would have a nasty sound at idle and WOT. They are the loudest with the lowest power loss, while providing some sound attenuation.
    The chambered muffs have a nice deep tone, tend to drone a good bit, and have significant power loss - think echo chamber.
    The turbo muffs have a nice deep tone, more muffled than the chambered design (longer pipe run internal), and less restriction (in most cases) than the chambered design. They do not flow as well as the perforated tube design, and still drone at about 50%.

...still trying to figure out what "fair dinkum" is...
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

I have pacesetter headers ceramic coated inside and out.
    I have open exhaust right now but I'm tryingto figurte away to make a X pipe into the cats. Thsi way I can have a couple of baffle valves that will open or block the exhause going into the cats. This way while racing I'll basiccally have an X pipe and then open exhaust. With baffles/vlaves close i'll have my curent exhaust which is just muffler delete but with cats.
    Anybody with any ideas or a place to send me to get such a valve(s) please hit me up! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Does anybody know what to expect with the 16887 magnaflow exhaust?How bad is the drone?Will the stock axle backs bolt up to it if I decide it is to annoying?I am already committed to the magnaflow so changing to corsa is not a option.Thanks for any feedback.....
    Which drone? I had that system on my GT. You can hear the AFM changeover (tuned mine out). Never had the dreaded 1800 rpm drone. A J-pipe would have fixed that if I did.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

What would it take to put on the bimodal mufflers from the ss

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free