Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fog light relay?

Post Thanks / Like

So, after trying the relay, still nothing, new fog light bulbs, nothing. What else could it be? the switch itself or wiring issue from the lights? I may drop by a gm place and have them look at it just to give me an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue. My fog lights worked and then stopped working at one point.

I performed the relay and fuse swap diagnosis to no avail. I also swapped out the side market bulbs (in the side of the bumper, not the headlamp assembly) and fog bulbs. Still no fix. The be clear, the fog light switch, once pulled out in the dash, still works as the fogs lights are indicated as being on on the cluster.

I got help by reading GOPHERIT's post on the other board as it relates to connector X108. This connector is located on the passenger side below the passenger side headlamp housing on a G8. It turns out that the plug was loose and since it's fighting gravity, dealing with going over bumps and whatnot, it got loose. I cannot seem to see if the connector has a TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) connected to it. Or even if it has a provision for one.

#21 in the following image:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...l#post18669271
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXP25 View Post
    I had a similar issue. My fog lights worked and then stopped working at one point.

I performed the relay and fuse swap diagnosis to no avail. I also swapped out the side market bulbs (in the side of the bumper, not the headlamp assembly) and fog bulbs. Still no fix. The be clear, the fog light switch, once pulled out in the dash, still works as the fogs lights are indicated as being on on the cluster.

I got help by reading GOPHERIT's post on the other board as it relates to connector X108. This connector is located on the passenger side below the passenger side headlamp housing on a G8. It turns out that the plug was loose and since it's fighting gravity, dealing with going over bumps and whatnot, it got loose. I cannot seem to see if the connector has a TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) connected to it. Or even if it has a provision for one.

#21 in the following image:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...l#post18669271
    Did you need to remove the headlight housing to access the plug?

Post Thanks / Like

You can get to the plug from the inner fender, wing tray or pop the passenger fog bezel.
    You have to remove the bumper cover to remove the headlights BTW.
    Actually on a gt front you may get to it best from the lower grill bezel if it one piece. I'm not got on the gt.
    I would do the inner fender. Probably easiest and it's most likely the problem. Grease it up.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    You can get to the plug from the inner fender, wing tray or pop the passenger fog bezel.
    You have to remove the bumper cover to remove the headlights BTW.
    Actually on a gt front you may get to it best from the lower grill bezel if it one piece. I'm not got on the gt.
    I would do the inner fender. Probably easiest and it's most likely the problem. Grease it up.

I checked that harness and it was in place and not dangling. I removed it and reconnected and still no fog lights.

So far I've checked the fuse, the bulb filament looks intact and the dash fog indicator comes on.

What else could it be?

Post Thanks / Like

EDIT:

I rechecked the harness behind the bumper and it was loose. The tiny retaining notch tab was worn off so I used a zip tie to secure the harness. All good now. Thanks!

7. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post