Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Reversing Stock Sub wires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    The difference this mod makes isn't mind blowing, but it's VERY noticeable!
    Agree, did this a couple months ago along with turning up the gain on the amp. Def sounds better!

Post Thanks / Like

Both retainer clips broke while removing the seats....they are now loose. Hopefully, a local Pontiac dealer will have some in stock.

Last edited by FCNFST; 04-19-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you replace these clips?

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me out on these clips? I just purchased two for 50 dollars(if you can find any cheaper, please let me know)! I'm guessing I just tear the broken ones out with pliers? I just don't want to cause anymore damage to this car, as I already have a to-do list a mile long.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had one broken for about 4 years. I just left it. They should just pull out. If it is already broken just grab what is left with pliers and yank. $50 seems way excessive. Call Greg at Pace or talk to Crazy Paul. Probably can get them way cheaper.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

I'd leave it alone if both were like the passenger side, but I feel the drivers side is just too loose, and yea 25 bucks a clip is high. Everyone else wanted 35....

Post Thanks / Like

did this and the subs sound much worse, unsoldered the wires and put it back to stock and sounds so much better, what ever you guys are hearing is placebo

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antec800 View Post
    did this and the subs sound much worse, unsoldered the wires and put it back to stock and sounds so much better, what ever you guys are hearing is placebo
    Or yours were correct from factory, or already switched. No doubt that the hundreds that changed them had an improvement.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antec800 View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong. As stated above, yours were done by last owner or were correct from factory. Tons of others noticed the same difference you experienced, but reversed, they went from bad to good. Would you say that was a "placebo"? Cmon man.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine by removing the rear seats (bottom and seat back), then you can see the plugs for the subs
    I pulled out the plug and switched the pins.

No soldering.