Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: CTS-V / Vaporworx Controller install

Post Thanks / Like

I got a pump just need controller and install kit!!!

Greg & Carl pm sent

I will be doing install soon so thanks to everyones pics and info. After this its injectors and tune and ill be back one the road!!!!
    2008 G8 GT #92 OF 888

Roots blower by Magnacharger 469 hp 498 torque on Mustang dyno 12 lbs of boost
    Doug Thorley long tubes, Magnaflow 2.5 full exhaust, roto fab, cts-v dual pumps with vaporworkz controller, Fast 85 injectors wiesco forged pistons, scatt h-beam rods, mast motor sports custom grind cam.
    20x8.5 and 20x9.5 Lorenzo Black Wl032 wheels Sumitomo Htr 3's 255-35 and 275-35's
    Eibach prokit with Lovell strut/shocks, Ctsv/Camaro Brakes

Post Thanks / Like

How long is the hose from the pump to the G8 line connection? Would a stock CTSV line work? It already has the pressure sensor tap in it.. I have a lead on a complete CTSV tank with hose and wiring so was wondering...

thanks
    2009 Liquid Red, Rotofab, Maximizer LT full exhaust, HPT by PatG, Brembos
    Coming soon...... BTR Stg 3 cam, ported LS3 heads, LSA, 2.5 upper, ZL1 lid, 2800 stall, Vaporworx CTSV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstclair View Post
    How long is the hose from the pump to the G8 line connection? Would a stock CTSV line work? It already has the pressure sensor tap in it.. I have a lead on a complete CTSV tank with hose and wiring so was wondering...

thanks
    I think it's about 18inch from fuel pump to hard line connection under car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8eraid View Post
    I think it's about 18inch from fuel pump to hard line connection under car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    thanks! That is about what the CTSV line appears to be.

Looking at side by side pics of the G8 and CTSV tanks they are very similar, which makes sense as the chassis is as well.
    So I guess I need to look at stock G8 fuel line routing...
    Last edited by jstclair; 04-17-2018 at 04:47 AM.
    Coming soon...... BTR Stg 3 cam, ported LS3 heads, LSA, 2.5 upper, ZL1 lid, 2800 stall, Vaporworx CTSV

Post Thanks / Like

Scored everything in this pic except the tank. Now I need to go get teh Vaporworx controller kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Scored everything in this pic except the tank. Now I need to go get teh Vaporworx controller kit.
    I think you're going to want a quick disconnect to -6an adapter and a -6an to under the car because the line outlet is clocked wrong for the g8 tank and the float will hit the side of the tank if you turn the hat and outlet to not interfere.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Which side is the connector on, on a G8? Passenger side?

Post Thanks / Like

Which side is the connector on, on a G8? Passenger side?
    I don't think I have a pic of it handy, I just know that most swaps (mine included) have gone the new line route from tank to under car. If you clock the pump too far, the float hangs on the tank internals. With a set line like that, it can only go one way, i.e. no wiggle room.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

I will take a look when I get into it... line is easy enough. I have a gauge pod to install at same time so car will be apart for a few days.
    The two cars are basically the same chassis, so I am hoping space is available for routing. If not no biggie.

Most swaps are starting with new pumps and no line anyhow... ? I cheaped out and scored the entire set up used with low miles.

I have pics of both tanks side by side, some very minor differences in shape and depth but overall filing the same area.
    I'll jack it up and do some study eyeballing prior to tearing into it anyhow.
    Last edited by jstclair; 04-17-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at this pic of the G8 tank, everything looks to run off the side in the channel area, same as the CTSV and also camaro (camaro is 2nd pic with all the lines and wires)

Seems like I recall someone using the stock ZL1 line in a G8? The G8 and Camaro tanks look identical.

hmmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images