Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: my ADVENTUREOUS day at the track and drive home

Post Thanks / Like

Default my ADVENTUREOUS day at the track and drive home

me and my friend decided to go to the track since it was the first weekend this season. had a good day there got 4 runs in with the best being 12.60 and worst 17.2. on the way home were cruising cruise on 85 with people passing us and out of no where get pulled over both me and my friend at same time. he clocked us doing 92 in a 45 construction zone. ok great get a speeding ticket of 145 and a court date to appear before the judge. so after he give us the ticket he tell us that we can no longer drive on this road (i-95 jersey tpke) and if we proceed past this exit he would impound our cars for the night and we would go to jail for reckless driving. so that being said we took the furthest road away and after an hour we end up in pennsylvania. realizing it would take over 3 hrs to get home we cut acrosss risking it back to 95 about 30 miles north of where we were pulled over. needless before we get there my friend gets lost at the wrong exit and ends up in a dirt road and said he saw jeeps off roading and people shooting ducks..WTF by that time im back on 95 heading toward verrazano and daydreaming i miss the exit and see my gps has me going thru NYC. superrrrrrr. get thru the tunnel (loving the exhaust) and get into city. next stop times square. 45 min the get from west to east side im finally on the LIE. andother hour i finally get home. so after a 6 1/2 hr drive which only should have taken 2 hours and about 17 tool booths later i finally got home. lesson learned--take your extra time when and pay attention
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... quite a day for you!!!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader